X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    Starting on the new rear shock mounts.

Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Good Times
    Guest replied
    Nice polishing job on the covers. I know how much elbow grease that takes. Should look good back in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    Dunno why i would mask off parts i dont see. Not like paint overspray is going to cause an internal failure. Its not like i plastered paint in areas i wasnt planning to see... I seperated the coils of the tensioner spring with a razor since it got a little gummed up but other then that its all functional and sealed propetly.. No point in being tedious about painting like this.

Starting to button up

Last edited by Guest; 09-09-2013, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GateKeeper
    Guest replied
    Looks really nice and clean.....

I will say one thing though, you should have plugged up with either the original bolts/nuts and such, all the threaded holes, possibly covered up the oil filter area, the intake ports, the exhaust ports, the cam chain tensioner, the points area, and anything else you really should not have had paint on....

it's going to be a real pain to get it all cleaned up now ?

Just a thought....

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    For a 30 year machine in surprised it has so few miles haha. I think its got some years to go.

Oh ya no doubt, It Will be pretty much new when its done.. No shortcuts here. Has a leaky caliper up front but its a resolvable problem
    Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2013, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sci85
    replied
    Wow, someone got some good use out of her. Don't forget to go through the braking system. After all those years and that many miles, even though they may "work", I would not trust them.

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    About 76000mi..i rode it for a week before i gutted it. Had a great sound and ran strong. Last investment i wanted to do was pull the jugs but i think i have myself a good one. No burnt oil or smoke either.. Im hoping for a good lengthy run with it after its completed

Leave a comment:

• Sci85
    replied
    Paint looks awesome and those polished covers are just plain outstanding! How Many miles did she have when you got her?

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    Flash works now..

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    Heres the new paint

Leave a comment:

• bccap
    replied
    Jeezus !! Those are sweet. I'll PM you for instructions if and when I ever get around to doing mine....

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied

Completed
    Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2013, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 08rangerdan
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Did you grease these gaskets?
    It will save you a bunch of hours scraping at valve adjustment time.
    They are dry. I thought about greasing it but having extra contaminants will cause me issues with the paint

As for polishing i started with 1000grit and finished with 2000. Then went to my most abrasive compound and then went to my finest. I need another wheel to finish, ive contaminated my first so bad i cant get the haze all out for my finest cut compound.. I should have picked up a couple.. One for abrasives and one for finishing
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2013, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bccap
    replied
    Looking good Dan. Nice job on the side covers.

Leave a comment:

• tkent02
    replied
    Originally posted by 08rangerdan View Post
    Did you grease these gaskets?
    It will save you a bunch of hours scraping at valve adjustment time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X