X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzukian
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhedges View Post
    So I got a shop space! A maker space for $125 a month! So I started digging into the bike. Rewired a new ignition so now you can start the bike with a key, instead of a sketchy switch. Replaced The brake master. Gonna dig into the carbs next. I think I might have to replace one of the float bowls as the screw drain plug seems stripped.
    Just Heli-Coil the drain bot, but try a longer bolt first, those threads go really far up there. I thought one of mine was stripped, and a longer drain bolt allowed me to tighten it right up. I ended up doing it to the rest of the carbs.

Leave a comment:

• 93Bandit
    replied

Yea I realized I hadn't updating this post but I thought maybe someone was curious with what happened. Still a fun bike and I think it will be sorted out soon
    I've been curious. Glad you updated the thread. Glad to hear you're enjoying it on the road again!

Leave a comment:

• mrhedges
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    That's great. It's quite unusual for someone to be gone then pick up their thread over a year later with an update. Glad to see you're getting things sorted. I now recall Roger's post linked above in this thread. Didn't realize this was you when I replied to your other post about your clutch cover seal a bit ago.
    Yea I realized I hadn't updating this post but I thought maybe someone was curious with what happened. Still a fun bike and I think it will be sorted out soon

Leave a comment:

• Rich82GS750TZ
    replied
    That's great. It's quite unusual for someone to be gone then pick up their thread over a year later with an update. Glad to see you're getting things sorted. I now recall Roger's post linked above in this thread. Didn't realize this was you when I replied to your other post about your clutch cover seal a bit ago.

Leave a comment:

• mrhedges
    replied
    Decided to give ya'll an update. This is how it's looking now. I put on a custom sissy bar. I actually took a welding class at this maker space and built it myself (with some help) Its still pretty rough but runs down the road.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• mrhedges
    replied
    I got it running. Needs fork seals but starts and runs super easily. kinda shocking to ride around after spending the last year on a '86 connie.

Leave a comment:

• mrhedges
    replied
    So I got a shop space! A maker space for $125 a month! So I started digging into the bike. Rewired a new ignition so now you can start the bike with a key, instead of a sketchy switch. Replaced The brake master. Gonna dig into the carbs next. I think I might have to replace one of the float bowls as the screw drain plug seems stripped.

Leave a comment:

• GZ3
    replied
    It was found abandoned by a friend of a friend.
    One of your "friends" stole your bike. You probably already know who. Break their arms.

Leave a comment:

• Eli69
    replied
    Got your pm.

Leave a comment:

• mrhedges
    replied
    Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    I think I have an air box that would work. Pm me.
    I thought I sent you a PM but I guess not?

Leave a comment:

• timebombprod
    replied
    That's a good idea with the airbox. I never heard of that. I was also thinking of shorting the mudguard maybe putting the brakelight undernearth the seat. There's a hoop there that I could probably fit it to. I'm thinking just an LED Round headlight and maybe a bullet fairing? make it cafe racer esq but still be a practical around town bike.

I also need new ignition, gas and under the seat locks if anyone has one kicking around
    Could always get a dyna, and yes I'd agree a cafe bike could be a good route to go with now. I think itll be fun to do.

There are a few people who have done the air filter fitted on the airbox on here and they all have positive feedback from the mod, hopefully one of them come across this

Leave a comment:

• mrhedges
    replied
    Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
    If you can find the half of the airbox that connects to the carbs on ebay you could put a performance air filter on their to get a increase in air to the bike but not be as annoying to work with as pods. A cafe would be nice and you could paint the mudguard, tank, and fairings a different colour scheme, get a used rear mudguard and shorten it up a bit. I would change the bars on it to cb400f bars I just like the look it looks like the bike could've came with them back then.

A OEM headlight and taillight housing would be nice too lol
    That's a good idea with the airbox. I never heard of that. I was also thinking of shorting the mudguard maybe putting the brakelight undernearth the seat. There's a hoop there that I could probably fit it to. I'm thinking just an LED Round headlight and maybe a bullet fairing? make it cafe racer esq but still be a practical around town bike.

I also need new ignition, gas and under the seat locks if anyone has one kicking around

Leave a comment:

• Eli69
    replied
    I think I have an air box that would work. Pm me.

Leave a comment:

• dorkburger
    replied
    Ugh. At least the frame and exhaust aren't cut.

Leave a comment:

• timebombprod
    replied
    If you can find the half of the airbox that connects to the carbs on ebay you could put a performance air filter on their to get a increase in air to the bike but not be as annoying to work with as pods. A cafe would be nice and you could paint the mudguard, tank, and fairings a different colour scheme, get a used rear mudguard and shorten it up a bit. I would change the bars on it to cb400f bars I just like the look it looks like the bike could've came with them back then.

A OEM headlight and taillight housing would be nice too lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X