Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leathers

Hey, all.
    I am looking for a (used) suit of leathers for track days and a road racing course. I'm going to put a '76 GS750 on the track.

What does this crowd recommend for track boots? It looks difficult to avoid 'flash' that seems better suited for a modern street bike but function must win the day.

Any leads appreciated.

I am 6' 2", 200lb ... Usually 46tall

Located in Toronto
    Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2014, 08:03 PM. Reason: Incomplete information

I run a pair of black Sidi Vertigo boots. They're fairly common at the tracks I race at, as they're a good mid-level boot. Now and then a used pair pops up online for about $150.

One of the best places to find used gear is through classifieds for road racing organizations. If you need some links let me know and I'll post some.

I'm not big on flash either (I wear black leathers, black helmet, etc.) but the racetrack is somewhere where function should trump form. Run the best safety gear you can afford, regardless of what it looks like.

Worst-case just wear the stoutest boots you can. I did my first track school a long time ago in a pair of Doc Marten lace-up boots.

Comment

Thanks Patrino, I have posted in my local group and received a reply bases in a neighbouring province. I am still looking at all of the options (except retail). The boots are important, I've never had 'proper' riding boots, having ruined several pair or Doc Marten and Blundstones on pipes, the shifter and the leak that goes along with that. I look at new gear as an opportunity to improve my maintenance plan as well, don't want to spoil good gear.
      One place my aversion to 'flash' comes from is the inevitable questions when my girlfriend sees my leathers (could be green HTC) and a black/red helmet, the boots should be black or they will have to tie the ensemble together... Ha

Comment

Good stuff.

I rode nothing but two-strokes for many years, and every single pair of pants I owned during that time had spatters of oily exhaust down around the shins and ankles.

Comment

maybe you could try "leather up" they have nice inexpensive stuff

Comment

You could give these a try:
            http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003W0LPN6/...I2S8OZ57LOMINJ
            I know you said used, but these look pretty affordable, and the reviews look pretty good as well. They've certainly made their way onto my wish list.

Comment

Both good options to explore. I can't believe Amazon has become a reasonable choice to motorcycle gear.
              Found some Sidi in sale near me! Picking them up this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X