2 valve turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 valve turbo?

Anyone ever build a 2 valve turbo bike... if so what mods were necessary. ....just blew my engine at the strip.

deep pockets needed for a used GS750/1000 kit.
    than all the standard things...
    HD cyl. studs.
    forged pistons.
    back cut trans.
    main studs.
    copper gaskets depending on boost/compression levels.
    it cost the same if not more to do your engine as it does an 1100/1150 engine.
    just food for thought...

Comment

i have no idea how you blew a 750 kicker engine...that is not possible.
      well maybe dropping a valve or breaking a cam chain but neither are normal if any work that was done....was done properly and having the correct settings/adjustments made during assembly.

Comment

Everything Terry said above with one exception, an MLS head gasket instead of copper. The MLS head gaskets don't require any head or block oringing where the copper gaskets do. The MLS gaskets are stronger & less prone to blowing. The gasket of choice for GS Pro Stock & turbo Busas & ZX14s. Ray.

Comment

Ive been beating the snot out of it at the track for 3 years. .....something sounds loose in the bottom end and I think my clutch basket is destroyed. ......over due on a rebuild. ...top end is 5 years old .....bottom end and clutch are originals

Comment

Had a local guy I raced with who built a GS1000 turbo bike. Small tire (7") slick & bar bike, Mr. Turbo draw through kit, built motor of course, and it was a 2-valve 1000 with 1100 kit. I believe he sprayed it a bit too.
            I know he ran low 8's, may have gone 7.9-something on that small tire?? It was fast and pretty consistent.

Comment

yea i was thinking of doing the same thing, but just a pipedream right now. i would check into ebay for the sbc turbo kit for like 500 bucks. found a gsxr header for 70. then might as well put efi or a big drawthru carb on it. then do what terry said he ran a BA turbo zook for many years so he knows his stuff. same as ray.

its been done many a time, just build a strong low compression motor then put the turbo on it. weld the crank and reinforce the clutch. do the good stuff. putting the turbo shouldnt be much hassles. just plumbing it all up and then putting a wrist lock on your self so you can keep the smiles coming for a long time.
              matt

Comment

Working...
              X