engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine swap

I have a 79 gs 750 that was built into a drag bike. ...I recently blew the clutch apart. ....the motor has a big bore kit cam ported and polished head stretched 10" and dropped 3 in the front and back and 4" slick.....was gonna try and squeeze a bandit 1200 motor in .........anyone ever try this?

The engine bay is huge so you can put whatever you want in it. Maybe even a ZX14.
    G
    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

not me -- take pictures - if you do it .... and if it works I have a lot of pieces for that puzzle.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by 1badgs750 View Post
        I have a 79 gs 750 that was built into a drag bike. ...I recently blew the clutch apart. ....the motor has a big bore kit cam ported and polished head stretched 10" and dropped 3 in the front and back and 4" slick.....was gonna try and squeeze a bandit 1200 motor in .........anyone ever try this?
        I'm curious. How big was the motor bored? do you know anything about the build?

Comment

Why not go the sane route and look into putting a built GS1100 motor in there.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Swap?

I asked him if he wanted a built 1290 and he passed. Too much money.
            Trippy, which are you asking about? A ZX/ZG engine in a GS? Or a Busa in a GS frame?
            G
            '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Trippy, which pieces to this puzzle do you have? Bandit? BUSA? Or Kawi stuff? Need some ZG14 stuff?
              Laters
              G

Comment

the 7-11 project is 3rd in line

in my garage I have most of a GS 750T...just begging for some modifications - BUT the swingarm pivot looks too small to my eye. I have an empty case set and a output shaft I use for mock up when it is in there I just think it is going to ben like a gum wrapper.

I have a couple 1150/1100 engines and a 1200 bandit. have a nice ZX900C engine and harness too.

right now I am doing a pro street 1150 frame 1500 cc engine, lowered raked and 68" long. just got my works shock rebuilt and installed. also a old kosman widened 18" rear wheel. (pictures soon)

Got a grudge race against a ZX14 who is one of my customers that had me install dry nitrous and a looonnngg swingarm now he thinks he can drag race.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Hiya Trippy
                  Either the GS11/1150 or Bandit goes right in to the ol 750T frame. Makes a nice street cruiser. Yup, you can ream the 14mm bolt hole to 16 or maybe even 20mm. Wedge a GS11 arm or some GSXR arm or perhaps get a Busa arm or GSXR1000. I would be biased towards the Bandit engine. It's at least 40 pounds lighter than a GS engine. Then mod the frame a little and move the whole pivot area/boss forwards 2 inches.
                  Just my thoughts. As what do I know? Got too many projects going at once.
                  Laters
                  G

Comment

Working...
                  X