Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front suspension setup for 400f - advice needed

Hey guys

shortly, after I amass a few more parts for my build ill be taking the gsx400f off the road and doing a whole lot of changing. front and rear ends, exhaust, some maintenance, new wiring harness and dyna ignition.

Anyway, this question relates to the front suspension.
    3 sets of forks, two bikes.

Have some GSXR750 98 front end which I was considering putting on the 400, but decided ill stick with the traditional look of the normal telescopic forks. and put those onto the 85 gsxr750 instead.

Then I have either the choice of a complete gsx600f 91 front end to put on, or the 85 gsxr750 front end - both have 41mm forks. Both will need to be reborn with new seals, full clean and tear down. Both have the same bearing set so I dont have to change anything to fit it up with the 400f.

The gsxr are slightly wider-set. The geometry also brings the front wheel back maybe half an inch I think, looking at the triple trees.
    The dry weight of the 400 and the 750 are basically identical -whereas the 600 is 20kg heavier so maybe the 750 will be a better suited front end?

Question is - are these "superbike" forks going to perform any better than the 6-year-later gsx600f forks??I'm far from a suspension guru so please lend your knowledge
    Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2014, 09:57 PM.
Working...
X