considering a triumph street triple....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

considering a triumph street triple....

Like the title says, I am thinking about buying a new (to me) Street triple. Anyone have one or have the inside skinny on these? Thanks!
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

I've put some saddle time on a Street Triple RS 2019.

Very fast. Reminds me of well, my Tracer in allot of ways, Very fast and loads of torque throughout the rev range.

Not so comfy though, I felt hunched over on it. Light as heck and the TFT display is well thought out.

I was given it by triumph to lead the demo rides pre COVID... Great bikes but I like the Tracer more as it's similar in power but way more comfy.

Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hey Greg,
      My son had occasion to ride a Steet?Speed? Triple. Said he really liked the engine, but not the riding position. He bought a Tiger 1050, and had done a few IronButts and rode to SanDiego& back on it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Find one of these instead...great reputation...great warranty...and best of all it's a Suzuki!

Suzuki strips off the fairings of the GSX-R1000 to make the GSX-S1000 a more practical road-riding machine.

No signature

Comment

Or get the Street Triple and be happy you chose to get something different-with cool heritage all its own. 400 pounds wet, a triple, and a Triumph.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Or get the Street Triple and be happy you chose to get something different-with cool heritage all its own. 400 pounds wet, a triple, and a Triumph.
            I see way more street triples on the road around here than gsxs1000's...that's for sure. Lol
            No signature

Comment

I don't see many of them. No matter, they have a cachet that is special. Their light weight and that cool motor are compelling points.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                I don't see many of them. No matter, they have a cachet that is special. Their light weight and that cool motor are compelling points.
                They are indeed very cool.
                No signature

Comment

Part of me still wants to buy a '95 Speed Triple in that amazing orange. Nothing near the competency of the Street Triple, but just a gloriously cool machine.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

My son has a Daytona 675 which has very different riding position than Street Triple, but that motor is just glorious! I try to make any excuse to ride it myself! I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I have not heard of serious problems with that model, but similar to our GS's, the R/R in early models was troublesome and subject to a recall.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Well I'm definitely looking for a smaller displacement. I'd been considering an SV, but was a little concerned I'd want more power. Not even sure I'm going to get anything, I wrecked my ES a year ago and I've been hesitant to get back out there. But a new job means a different commute (and a better paycheck), and spring turns my daydreaming towards bikes, ya know?
                      1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

The Three cylinder is intoxicating... And the torque is just unreal, the likely hood that I'll ever own another flat plane I-4 is pretty much 0 now, after owning both a cross plane I-2 and now an I-3 the torque just is untouchable. My Tracer is is as fast as my FZ1 but it's torquey like a twin. Just ride one, you'll want one afterwards.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

If you are not sold on the British aspect, Jedz suggestion of the FZ-09 is one HELL of a deal!
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Not sold at all on the brit, but def. looking for less than a liter, and definitely getting ABS. It "might" not have made a difference in my crash, but it wouldn't have hurt...
                            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

The Fj-09 is an upright more sport touring rig, very much reminiscent of the FZ1. It may only be a 849cc bike but it boogies like a liter bike all because of the 116hp combined with reduced weight, 460lbs WET, STOCK! The MT/FZ-09 is even lighter but TCS and ABS wasn't available in earlier years but was available as an option starting in 2017 model years. I personally run my Tracer/FJ-09 with TCS on because the bike will just wheelie all day.

As a guy that has put nearly 81K miles on my 2018 Triumph I can say they are fine machines but they are not even close to being Japanese reliable. I can't trust it now to go further than a day's tow away... Why I'm back on a Yamaha for my touring duties.

Best,
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                              X