Coralie A.Stamp (Mom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coralie A.Stamp (Mom)

It's been a crazy week for me. Mom passed away last Saturday September 26.

Mom was a amazing woman. Always giving us encouragement in whatever we were doing. Motocross, Dragracing...)

After moms parents died in 1964 in a automobile accident. She used her inheritance to buy a Piper Cherokee and get her pilots license and never looked back...

She met her(late) current husband, also a aviator, and it was full throttle ahead! Mom would be invited to teach elementary school students about aviation and weather. Mom was a judge for aerobatic competitions. She was the "Pilot of the year" in 1981 for the 99's (a women's Pilot Organization). She was a member of the EAA and has been to Oshkosh and Sun-N-Fun every year since 1974! She has flown in everything from the Concord to a Cub.

Mom died of a broken heart. After her husband died, she has been going to the hospital for this and that. "adjusting her medicine"... She had a full life. I'm done here. Im going to go cry now.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Oh, Norm. I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a fantastic Lady. Take care, my friend. You’re in my prayers tonight.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like quite the woman, the type that squeezes a lot of living into her years.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Sounds like a great woman.
        Condolences, Norm.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Norm. Remember all the good times that you had with her! My condolences to you and your family.
          Ron
          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
          1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
          1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
          1982 GS1100E
          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Condolences on your loss. She sounds like a great person.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Condolences.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Lost my mom in May, I feel your pain, hang in there, it's what she'd want.
                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                '79 GS100E
                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Sorry Norm! Remember the good times! Dan
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hey Norm, very sorry for your loss but be very glad for all those wonderful memories. Sounds like she lived a wonderful full life full of adventure. The tears will go away but the memories will last forever. Grief as you need and life goes on.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Hey Norm,

We had a family member pass on the last Sunday in Sept...I had a talk with my mom (78) about it and she gave the advice given here.

Let out those emotions because she had an impact on your life...take your time in your mourning. She is no longer in pain with a broken heart.

Your friend,
                      Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 10-05-2020, 07:28 PM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.
                        Wherever she is right now I'm fairly sure she is as proud as only a Mother can be of a Son posting what you did.
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss, Norm.

I have heard it said that, no matter what our status or what we have accumulated, when we leave this life the only thing we take with us is memories.

Sounds like she had a wealth of them.
                          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Feeling for you Norm, Mom's are the toughest. Hang in there!!
                            83 gs850
                            07 vtx1300c

Comment

Just saw this Norm, Condolences sounds like quite a Lady!
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                              X