Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs?

I was lurking around the forums this morning over breakfast and my puppy decided to come sit on my lap and look at GSs so it got me to thinking, any GS owners on here also have dogs?

My wife and I got our Nym last year when she was only 3 months old and a little under 17 lbs. She's 15 months now and well over 70 lbs and looking to grow probably another 20.

She's super social, good around people and kids and other dogs, and overall a really good dog when she's not eating our bills, chewing up the furniture, or farting and burping in our faces.

Here she is at about 4 months.

And this is a more recent one.

Anyone else on here with dogs? Lets see 'em!

Used to have some. No more. Much easier to take off for a day or more, knowing I don't have to get back to "let them out".
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

New puppy at 8 weeks. 10 lbs.

At 11 weeks, 18 lbs, learning to guard

Comment

Here's mine.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

My puppies. Kaya, the black lab and maddigan, the white terror i mean terrier.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

They are lots of joy, but for me the pain when they leave, by far, out weighs that joy. My wife has one now & I'm already dreading when that day comes.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

http://

Max from a couple of years ago. He's become gray around the snout, and sadly his health isn't so great. He's slowed down quite a bit, but his tail still wags constantly.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Lucky...

Best dog ever.

Getting' misty just thinking about him.

Hopefully the next dog that finds me outlives me.

Comment

Kodiak-Guardian of the Sea.

Comment

Here's a story about our dogs. Tried to post another pic but it failed

Our lab was hit by a car a couple of years ago. She took off after another dog and ran into the street. There was an SUV that came up the road by the opening in the fence just at that moment and our dog ran into the passenger side door. As I ran up to her laying in the road I saw that she was still breathing but bleeding from the mouth. What a scary moment that was. I was sure she had been severly injured and would likely be put down. We layed her on a blanket and set her her in the back seat of the car as we took her to the vet. After we started driving she sat up in the seat and scared the crap out of me. It was like a scene from Steven King's Pet Cemetary when the dead pet rose again. The vet took her in and started examining her as we talked about our options. I had a slow period at work and couldn't afford a huge bill as I explained to the vet. We love our dog, I said, but couldn't afford thousands in vet bills. They checked her over and couldn't find anything broken, no internal injuries at all! The impact knocked her out and she bit her tongue. The worst part was that the blood from her tongue had gone into her chest making it hard to breathe and she had to spend a week in an oxygen rich chamber. This week in the hospital still cost over two grand though. As we went to pick her up we thought how in the world will we pay for this? The assistant at the front desk, remembering our situation, said that the vet who checked her over removed his fee from the bill. This cut the total in half which was a real blessing! We still had to use a credit card, but that took us by surprise.
                    Kaya is now 13 years old and for an old girl she's still in good health.

Maddie, or the white one as we call her, is a polar opposite of Kaya. We were at the lake fishing and hadn't caught anything when my son decided to try some new bait. He took a slice of pepperoni from the cooler and wrapped it on the hook. As he turned to grap the pole, the dumb dog ran up and ate the baited hook! I could only see the end of the leader still hanging out of her mouth as she had swallowed it already. I couldn't pull on the end of the leader or the hook would set in her throat. What the heck do we do now? It's a three hour drive back to town! There was a pretty good signal so I started searching for advice online. It's a pretty common occurance apparently, as several people had written about their experiences. Some said it would pass, others said it would digest, and yet most recommended getting to the vet immediately. Ugh, deflate the rafts, pack up everything and head back to town. Maddie was as hyper and goofy as ever, without a clue that she could die from this. We headed straight to the vet and they took her in for x-rays. The hook was clearly in her stomach which was the best place to find it. They put her under and successfully ran a scope with a grabber tool down her throat to retrieve the hook. She recovered just fine. Now we have a thousand dollar fish hook on the shelf as a souvenir!
                    Last edited by Burque73; 09-11-2016, 10:39 AM.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Harrop View Post

Lucky...

Best dog ever.

Getting' misty just thinking about him.

Hopefully the next dog that finds me outlives me.
                      Thanks, Mark.

When I was 8 or 9 years old my mom took me to a lakeside cottage owned by her friends. They had an Irish Setter, named Red. He was probably a bit older then me when I met him. Somewhere, there is still a black/white photo of me on a tree with a long branch that stretched out over the water, tempting him onward and upward. He walked all the way up and took the treat, then backed down to the ground, without trying to look backwards.

Old Red may have been the laziest dog or smartest dog I ever met. If he happened to be thirsty at the moment he heard a boat coming by he would walk into the lake until he could open his mouth parallel with the water and wait for the waves to give him a drink.
                      Last edited by argonsagas; 09-11-2016, 11:10 AM.
                      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Here is our dog Marmalade, all 125 pounds of her. She is a rescue so not sure how old she is.
                        1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Karma, hot hands, feather kisses and the baby of the bunch.

Chance, mister mellow, the big guy.

Mic, truly a Jack Russel terrorist and Hell on wheels. LOL

Fidge, always wants to play, always wants to eat, the clown of the house.
                          Last edited by earlfor; 09-13-2016, 01:38 PM.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

No dogs for me. I don't have the time to watch after one properly and I hate it when they pass on.
                            Larry D
                            1980 GS450S
                            1981 GS450S
                            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

My best friend.
                              346252960.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X