Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Seat options for a 79 GS1000E

Hey all,

I've got a GS1000E i'm working on. The seat pan is kinda rusty and has lots of fibreglass holding it together, seat cover is also toast. Thinking a whole new aftermarket seat might be best. Are there any good ones out there people reccommend? maybe something a little less puffy than the original?

Thanks.

No personal experience with this company but they have some nice looking options.

Not surprised to hear about the repaired base on your GS1000. They were prone to corrosion and along with the tanks are difficult and pricey to find.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ah nice! I actually bought the seat for my GL1000 from these guys through ebay I believe, I'm pretty happy with it. Need a foam pad for longer trips as it's quite hard, but it sure looks sharp! I may go with the brown leather option to give this bike a different look.

Comment

I have a gel seat pad and it works great on long rides.

Comment

I think the only replacement seats I've seen are in Europe. That place is a new one on me. You may have to fix your own pan & recover the foam (replace at least the square underneath)
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by 1983lux View Post
            Hey all,

I've got a GS1000E i'm working on. The seat pan is kinda rusty and has lots of fibreglass holding it together, seat cover is also toast. Thinking a whole new aftermarket seat might be best. Are there any good ones out there people reccommend? maybe something a little less puffy than the original?

Thanks.
            It's been a month and I am wondering if you have found an alternative?

Comment

Working...
            X