New England one way-tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England one way-tour

I am flying to Manchester New Hampshire next Wednesday to pick up Jethro's 1983 GS1100E. \\/

Leaving there, I will ride to South Portland Maine to visit some family for a couple of days.

The weekend of October 20 and 21 will be my longest weekend of riding (should come in at just about 1000 miles) as I make my way back to Kentucky.

I will post up as I can. ..

Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather for you!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
      Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather for you!
      It is looking really good so far .. but I will be prepared to ride in the wet stuff if need be.

Comment

Nice Score Mike, Hope You have a Great Ride Home!:-D
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
          Nice Score Mike, Hope You have a Great Ride Home!:-D
          Thanks Scott ..

I meant to ask Jethro if he would zip tie the kickstand up to the frame so that I won't be able to take off with it down.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
            Thanks Scott ..

I meant to ask Jethro if he would zip tie the kickstand up to the frame so that I won't be able to take off with it down.
            I can do that for ya!
            Currently bikeless
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Your getting yourself a sweet bike!

I have been begging him to sell it to me for quite a while now, unfortunately some transmission work on my civic basically tied up the funds.

You have no idea how jealous I am right now!

Enjoy The ride, you have the perfect time of year for this area, nice brisk mornings to wake you up, then nice afternoons to pile on the miles in comfort!

Comment

You're going to love that bike. Now we know who the the buyer is. Jethro was a little secretive at first.

Maybe we can still hook up for a beer or whatever when you get to Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by emjay View Post
                  You're going to love that bike. Now we know who the the buyer is. Jethro was a little secretive at first.

Maybe we can still hook up for a beer or whatever when you get to Maine.
                  Sounds good .. I will pm you my cell number.

Mike

Comment

SOLD THE '83 ???!!! Good thing Jethro still has possesion of another GS1100, otherwise I would have to take a road trip to NH to kick someones a$$ for selling out on us.....

Comment

A few shots snapped on the way from Manchester NH to South Portland ME

Jethro was very helpful today and it was a pleasure doing business with him.

I had a wonderful ride up the coast this afternoon.

After a couple of days visiting my sister's family, will be heading out for the (almost) 1000 mile ride home this weekend.

I think that I am going to like this bike very much.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post

Hard not to love New England, and what a great reason to go! Have a safe and wonderful trip back, and take (and post) lotsa pics!

Comment

Nice pics of Nubble Light. Made a few dives there over the years. Have a safe trip home!

Comment

Very nice pics. I am already regretting letting that bike go, but on the bright side, I put a wrench on the 81 for the first time in over two years. Next spring I hope to have it back in action. Have a safe trip buddy!
                            Currently bikeless

Comment

I can certainly see how you would miss it.

I hope to take good care of it and give it plenty of use.

That is what these old GSs like best if I understand it right!

Comment

Working...
                              X