No announcement yet.

Z1Enterprises...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, I'd sent you a PM a few days ago looking to get more info on this.

can you try and take another picture - I would really like to see a clearer shot of the pock marks. My first reaction is possibly a small (and hard) object did the damage - I've not seen anything like that one.

I can't tell from the picture if that's a Suzuki shim or a K&L shim. Does it have chamfered edges? From the color, it looks more like a Suzuki shim - they are much darker than the K&L shims - they must use a different hardening process.

Was that damage on the top of the shim, or the bottom of the shim? If it was the bottom of the shim, any damage to the top of the valve bucket? If it was the top of the shim, any marks on the lobe of the cam?

Comment

Hello Jeff. Apologies for not reverting sooner. I have another pic of the back/bottom (side stamped with the size) which is not damaged and will get it to you soon as I can. Mean time, the damage (on the top) is not very deep. I can feel it if I run my nail over it. The corresponding lobe feels a bit rough but visibly looks ok and no different than the rest. Note, there are no chamfered edges and the numbering style (2 - 70) match other K&Ls I have. Again, will get you another pic as soon as possible. Look maybe it is a fluke as none of the others I have show any signs of damage like that. Things happen, maybe some small object got in there like you said or perhaps some rare material and or process defect, it happens. Thanks again.

Comment

I've only used them once last year before the PNW rally. I ordered a new chain and sprockets. They were very helpful on the phone and shipping was fast.

Comment

I have bought thousands of dollars of Z1 Kawasaki items from them and they have been absolutely first class. They are bike people themselves and they fully understand how it is on our end of the phone.
          Jeff has went above and beyond more than once helping me out with my needs.
          1982 GS1100E
          1975 CB750 Honda
          1974 CT-90 Honda
          1966 Yamaha 250 Big Bear scrambler
          2007 FXSTD Softail Deuce
          2009 FLHX Street Glide
          2017 FLHX Street Glide

Comment

Thanks for your interest. See pic below. The clearance after replacing this one is ~0.07mm. It is an exhaust valve which I had originally set at 0.09mm.

Comment

nguyendq91, I believe you posted in the wrong place. There hasn't been a post in this thread in over 2 years.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

And was started 12 years ago
                1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
                X