Perpetrating a steriotype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perpetrating a steriotype

So about a week ago my clutch cable snapped in a 7-11 parking lot. Totally lame. This old biker dude helped me push it going fast enough to take off and ride home in 1st gear, which was totally cool but his buddy...

...was a real a$$hole. Some crusty old Harley guy with a stick up his a$$ about Japanese bikes. He calls over to me as I'm trying to push it going:

"Hey! I'll give you 50 bucks for it!"
    "It's just the clutch cable. Snapped in half"
    "20 bucks then. Piece of Jap sh1t."

He then proceeds to come over and pull out of the pocket of his dirty sweats a stack of polaroids. He shows me despite my objections one after another picture of some old Harley, completely taken apart like its the damn Mona Lisa. Am I supposed to be impressed?

"This is a man's engine, boy. Can get 125 horses out of her, what you got?"
    "Hah. Not in that condition you can't"

What a d1ck. Got to give his buddy credit tho for putting up with that.

Originally posted by max View Post

"This is a man's engine, boy. Can get 125 horses out of her, what you got?"

What a d1ck. Got to give his buddy credit tho for putting up with that.
    'Can' being the operative word:roll: .You shoulda exploited the situation and asked him to meet you sometime and race for pinks....evn offer to pull a plug wire to sweeten the deal...if you need a lawn ornament that is:-D .

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Anti-Harley Bike!

Oh, reading that makes me feel better about the bike I'm buying tomorrow. It was coined the "anti-harley" bike when it came out in '90. Best thing about this 1991 VX800 is that beautiful "Jap" V-Twin block!!! I'd bet I could outrun that guy's Harley with half the HP...I think the VX has about 63 horses! \\/

Comment

Originally posted by 80sGSfan View Post
        Oh, reading that makes me feel better about the bike I'm buying tomorrow. It was coined the "anti-harley" bike when it came out in '90. Best thing about this 1991 VX800 is that beautiful "Jap" V-Twin block!!! I'd bet I could outrun that guy's Harley with half the HP...I think the VX has about 63 horses! \\/

Most stock Harleys are below 65HP...you can get 125 HP out of it but you can also get 350HP out of a GS1100 or GS1150 - if you put enough money into it.

Nothing wrong with a Harley though. They brought a lot of people into the sport and I'm thankful for that. Unfortunately, there are some Harley a$$holes...just like there are some BMW a$$holes, some GSXR a$$holes, some Goldwing a$$holes, ect.

But there are no GSR a$$holes!

Hap

Comment

I'm so glad there isn't much of that attitude around my area. People just ride and love it. Anyone who has an attitude about any brand or style is either young and narrow minded or old and narrow minded, and they're the exceptions. I know so many "old school bikers" (color wearing bikers, ABATE members, etc) who ride whatever they like and respect everyone else for their choices. One guy looks like he's straight out of an old Harley ad and he rides a Vulcan. I knew another guy with "that look" (long hair, long beard, leathers & worn out denim vest & colors) who loved Hondas. My neighbor owns a really nice new Harley and his wife rides a Suzi. I see sportbikes out on rides with cruisers a lot around here, and all kinds of bikes at the runs.

I think it's just great to have choices, just like with cars. A new Cadillac or Lexus or a big SUV might be nice for a long cruise with a few passengers... Jeeps are great for slumming it in the back roads or on the sand, a truck for hauling, a little convertible for a day at the beach, a fast old classic for having fun on clean roads in good weather when the salt is gone... I could go on and on and on. As with bikes, there is something out there for every mood, every style. I don't understand why some people think that their style should be right for everyone.

Pity the guy who was a jerk... he either doesn't know what he's missing or doesn't have enough of a personality to realize that there a lot of different ways to have fun!

Comment

Well, you could have said "At least mine is rolling along here..." BUT...I think evil thoughts...
            So, anyway....
            I never get a hard time from any type of rider/biker/whatever....Maybe it's because I'm a woman, and I am assuming they like to see a woman on her OWN ride:-D
            There is always some jack-off who is going to give you a hard time about ANYTHING....If you rolled up in a Datsun, or something, I am sure he'd say something as well. Some people just thrive off of trying to make other people miserable, because that's how they are.
            Pat yourself on the back for not letting the situation getting out of control, and...Having a decent person out there who WAS willing to help you out.:-D

Comment

You had a broken clutch cable and he was an idiot.

Tomorrow you will have a good clutch cable, and he will still be an idiot.
              Last edited by dpep; 12-13-2006, 01:50 PM.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

And, you have the last laugh for sure.....

Originally posted by dpep View Post

Everyone that he ever meets his whole life will say, "What an Asslole"

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Isn't there a line in a Frank Zappa song.........something like
                  Everyone needs an a$$hole that's why we picked you......
                  Keith
                  -------------------------------------------
                  1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                  2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post

Good one.

3xer

Comment

Two Harley riders, one the helpful type, the other th a$$hole type.
                      Be grateful for the first, pity the second.

I feel sorry for anyone who's self esteem is determined by the (perceived) value their bike/car/house/neighbourhood.

When I can I stop to help anyone that appears to be in trouble, rather than just pulled up for a smoke or what ever.
                      Over the years, no one has ever said "I don't need your help, because you ride a Suzuki". Especially in the outback, you take any help you can!

Comment

My new neighbors are hard core Harley riders. They had a large gathering of friends and family today with the smoker running wide open. Guess what the wife brought me? A big tupperware tub with fallin off the bone ribs, killer suasage and superliciuos smoked ham. Every groups gotta have one or two. Fortunately, I got gooduns for neighbors. Heck, I may even salute his Harley tomorrow \\/ . We stopped to help a goober, er I mean rider who crashed in the hill country on one of our rides. Granted, he was being really stupid but I couldn't believe my ears when I heard another passing rider make a comment to his buddy something like, "I'm glad to see one more ______ crotch rocket off the road".

Comment

Reminds me of last summer when a friend of mine from work brought in his 2006 Harley Road Glide...a month after he got it it was in the shop for the radio or something. He got teased a lot because my 25 year old $200 GS made it in every day and his brand new $20000 Harley was in the shop.

But, as any real biker will tell you, (and I've been told this by Harley guys) it doesn't matter what you ride...just that you ride...that's what makes you a biker.
                          1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                          The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I am not a biker. I am a motorcyclist! :-D

I was a biker in 1980 & 1981, that is, when the Lowrider would start.

Comment

Two guys up the street from me, both Harley dudes.

One of 'em is friendly. We always wave and say h'lo. He came over once and admired my stable. I had a nice conversation with him one day when there was someone watching their house. Parole Officer, it turns out.

The other dude is a jerk. Never acknowledges me when I wave. As he rides by my house I often see him spit. At first I thought it was chewing tobacco. The spitting happens often enough that I now have my doubts.

I think of these guys as Yin & Yang. They sorta balance each other out.

Comment

Working...
                              X