Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desolation Angel View Post
    I am not a biker. I am a motorcyclist! :-D

I was a biker in 1980 & 1981, that is, when the Lowrider would start.
    As long as you're not a JAC. (just add cash)
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I happen to like my Harley dresser. Closest thing to a 2 wheel pickup truck I've found. The wife likes the ride (the vibration puts her to sleep) we take it when she doesn't want to ride by herself. Of course it's slow, gets terrible fuel milage , but it sure is comfortable for a 600 mile day of 2 up riding on the interstate. Owned a number of them over the years, so this is what I've come to believe.
      Big twin owners look down on sportster owners. They generally think sportsters are girls bikes. I've had 3, and wouldn't want another unless it was something really special. They suck on long rides.
      Evo owners won't give AMF era shovelhead owners the time of day.
      If it's older that 5 years the yuppy scum won't even talk to you
      Generally the working class guy that buys a Harley, road rice before he bought his "Hog" and knows how reliable and smooth a Japanese bike really is. He is just trying to keep up with his friends....
      Mostly the Harley owners that I know are profilers and not real riders.
      Bottom line is if I need a speed fix I just ride something faster

Comment

I was a biker in 1980 & 1981, that is, when the Lowrider would start.
        So Herb, do you get your hair cut at a barber shop, or a salon ? Don't worry. I won't make you come all the way to Caddo Mills to "teach me a lesson". \\/

Comment

Right on, brother. I wish more people would catch on to that.

Comment

I was on the road the other day in South Carolina and saw a guy dragging his bar chopper on a trailer behind his mini truck. Back two cars behind Mr Chopper was a dude on a Buell with side boxes, a top box and full gear. Keeping in mind it was raining and about 45 degrees, who was the motorcyclist and who was the biker???

Comment

Labels, labels...

At least 95% of all people are really lame, regardless of what they ride or don't.

A few good ones in every bunch and a lot of idiots. That is the magic of this site... somehow, it's really low on the bad and heavy on the good, not like the way it is "out there" at all.

I judge people on their actions, and won't hold the bad actions by someone against someone else who might look something like anyone who pi$$ed me off... until they pi$$ me off.

Seriously... I know a lot of Harley riders, who are all really nice people who would help any one out whenever they could. They don't care what any else rides, and most of them have ridden lots of things over the years. Some of them would consider other brands in the future too. Life is about weeding out the jerks and finding the gems in the bunch. They're out there, and fortunately, lots of them are right here on the GSR.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                Right on, brother. I wish more people would catch on to that.

O.K. What's the difference?
                1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by snark View Post
                  O.K. What's the difference?
                  Everything...
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-03-2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
                    So Herb, do you get your hair cut at a barber shop, or a salon ? Don't worry. I won't make you come all the way to Caddo Mills to "teach me a lesson". \\/
                    Barber shop in old downtown McKinney, thank you very much! :-D Got the pole and everything. I get the Number 2. $12.

Place looks just like shops did in the '60s. Hasn't been cleaned or painted since then, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja_Lancer View Post
                      I was on the road the other day in South Carolina and saw a guy dragging his bar chopper on a trailer behind his mini truck...BIKER. Back two cars behind Mr Chopper was a dude on a Buell with side boxes, a top box and full gear. Keeping in mind it was raining and about 45 degrees...MOTORCYCLIST, who was the motorcyclist and who was the biker???
                      That was too easy.

Comment

There are a number of guys that I work with on the weekends that ride. One on a goldwing, 2 guys with harleys, and me on my '82 GS650.

One of the Harley guys rarely discusses motorcycles with me since I got the GS. The Goldwinger and the other Harley I have done the Teddy Bear Run with back in August. The good Harley guy and I left work one Saturday night at 10:30pm to head back to our homes (same basic direction) when I first got the GS and I starting having some trouble with it. It would die every mile or so and would not start until it rested for a few minutes. Harley guy stayed with me everytime the bike died and followed me at one point (duckwalking his bike behind me on the side walk) when I walked mine when I was close to home. Even when the bike fired up so I could ride the last 1/4 mile, he stayed with me till I made it home. Thats one of the good guys!

As for the other harley guy, one cold morning I rode into work and met him at the front office. Some of the other folk joked about me riding in such cold weather (40 F). Harley guys only comment was "At least you were able to get your bike started" Turns out he couldn't get his 3 year old Harley Sporster to fire up for some reason.

Patrick

Comment

That was too easy.
                          And since it was a Buell and a chopper, it was also NOT anti Harley.
                          There are just as many "Bikers" on metrics as there are on H-D's.

Comment

Barber shop in old downtown McKinney, thank you very much! :-D Got the pole and everything. I get the Number 2. $12.

Place looks just like shops did in the '60s. Hasn't been cleaned or painted since then, either.
                            Lucky dog!! :-D Do they still have the Playboy mags??

Bob
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

What's the difference??? Here's a start at it...

Bikers:
                              Hapless Saps in Assless Chaps. Rides only when necessary to impress buddies, or show off his overpriced piece of crap. Usual destination, the next bar.
                              Looks down upon other riders who may not be riding the same make, style, or even model bike.
                              Spends tons of money on little chrome things, so his buddies will envy his shiny bike.
                              Likes to hold up traffic in the slow lane, so everyone can be impressed by his shiny ride. Generally likes to impede the flow of traffic. Wears cool looking stuff.
                              Runs very loud pipes so everyone will be impressed when he needlessly blips the throttle waiting for a light to change, or blasts through quiet neigborhoods.

Motorcyclists:
                              One who Eats, Breathes, Sleeps, Talks, Lives, Loves, and Rides Motorcycles. Motorcycle is always the first choice of vehicle to get anyplace. Any and all motorcycles, new, old, big, small, fast, slow, dirt, street, ugly or pretty are all worth getting exited over.
                              Would rather ride to Alaska or South America than fly there.
                              Spends tons of money on improvements, modifications, tools, whatever it takes to make the motorcycle better suited to his type of riding.
                              Rides fast, safely, and smoothly. Usually very good at not screwing up the flow of traffic. Wears protective gear.
                              Practices riding skills and learning new things whenever possible.
                              Seen "On Any Sunday" lots of times.

Interestingly, in Europe I saw zero of the "biker" types, even the guys on Harleys acted like regular motorcycles, and they all rode pretty well.

I think the whole "Biker" thing is an American concept.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I would have just punched him in the throat.

Comment

Working...
                                X