Anybody know about driving lights on GSes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know about driving lights on GSes

I am thinking of installing a pair of driving light on the GS for the night-time runs.
    So does anyone here have any experience on adding these to GSes or bikes and the power drain issues.
    I was thinking something like these.:arrow:
    For that light the night look
    Thanks.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

I seem to remember a thread a few months ago (or even last year?) where this was tossed around.

Personally I doubt that the GS charging system is up to supplying the juice required for long-term running of auxilary spotlights. For short periods the battery will have enough in reserve to power the spotties, but after that you're 'in the red' and the system won't support it. Run a search for earlier threads that did the maths on this question.

Better to make sure (i) your headlight reflector is clean and in good condition, (ii) you have the latest, brightest halogen bulb you can get your mitts on, and (iii) you don't ride faster than your visibility will safely allow.

Comment

If you get HID lights they draw less than Halogens..You need the specs on watts for the lights you want and your stator output. HID's are expensive$$$$
      EULC ON

Comment

I am running Sylvania blues I believe for the headlight.
        The charging system has been gone through.
        New R/R,stator and battery within the last 2 years.
        Not looking to outrun the light,just a little something extra for those long distance runs I am planning for next year.
        Most likely go with HID light even with the extra cost.
        After looking at different PIAA lights, I would probably go with something like these.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
        X