Suzuki Rear Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Rear Sets

Has everybody/anybody seen this place? I can see a set of rear controls in my future. Looks like they have alot of suzuki applications.

A link would be nice huh?

Comment

Good find Mike!

Comment

They sure look good. Custom machined parts and all.
        I actually found this link last year and hid it away in a obscure folder by accident. I found it the other day and the site has gotten much bigger and they have added many models since then too.
        Not cheap for sure but less than Ive heard from others.
        A set for the long road would be good.

Comment

Omar's well known in Yamaha dirt trackin' circles (pun intended) for having high quality stuff...I would imagine their other stuff is as good.

Hap

Comment

$295 is NOT expensive for good rearsets. I've been pricing them for the FZ1 and I'm looking at $600 for the cheapies.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Hrm. Those are Raask brand rearsets, and they're neither cheap nor good quality, so I hear.

A better solution is to adapt late model Suzook rearsets to your bike. They're far less expensive (check eBay) and better quality.

I got the left shifter GSXR 1000 rearset assembly for $30 and the right GSXR 1000 brake rearset assembly for $35.

For my GS1000 project, I'm using GSXR 1000 rearsets. The shifter fits perfectly on the GS shift shaft. About the hardest part of it is making, welding, then drilling and tapping mounting brackets onto your frame.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2007, 07:23 PM.

Comment

rear sets

I have a couple sets of Raask rear sets. They are only OK in quality. The castings are cheap, hardware is more hardware store than high tech, but they fit and work OK. I've been using 89-92 GSXR stuff on most of what i've been putting together. You can bolt the whole assembly to an adaptor plate that would bolt directly to the frame at the stock location or just use the pegs and hardware and make a new mounting plate.

Comment

rear sets

here's a set of GSXR pegs on my 81 1100 E

Comment

Check out Cosmopolitan Motors.(on the web) They have some fairly nice Italian made rearsets for many different applications and are on E-Bay. I bought a set about a year ago for a 650 Yamaha street tracker I built for the daughters husband. Reserve price is $120 if memory serves me.

Comment

Bump Bump

I am looking at a differnt footpeg pisition on my old girl and am thinking about rearsets. The Raask certainly looks like the easy option but I am also interested on perhaps doing something with a Gixxer or 1200 bandit peg mount. I see that the 1200 Bandit has the Rear brake cylinder mounted on the assembly which is convenient. Does anyone know if the Bandit had the same size bore on the rear master cylinder as the GS1100..?
                      Looking at Frankenzuki's pickkie it looks like the rear caliper is also off a Gixxer or bandit as well. Perhaps thats my answer..?

Comment

rearsets

Bandit stuff is bulkier than the GSXR parts. 89-92 GSXR stuff is plentiful and relatively cheap. Make an "L" shaped bracket to bolt to your frame and bolt the GSXR stuff to the verticle part of the bracket. shpe the bracket for whatever footpeg position you need. cut the shifter rod to length and retap it. fairly simple project, now get busy!

Comment

Working...
                        X