Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!! Jardine Clearance Sale On Exhaust Systems For Gs1100e And Katana !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!! Jardine Clearance Sale On Exhaust Systems For Gs1100e And Katana !!!

Hey everybody I came across some good news today. I was searching the internet for the best possible deal on a Jardine exhaust system for my Katana (which donated it's Jardine exhaust to my GS1100E) and through all of my searching and calls I found some good deals. The best being $440.00 shipped for the nickel system through Morepowerracing.com. Then I called Jardine directly, which is about 1/2 hour from where I live in Southern California and asked if they had any pictures of the nickel plated exhaust, which I haven't seen. The representative told me she would try to find one and that both systems that they make for the GS1100E and the Katana were being discontinued due to it being a slow moving product.

I found out before that buying from Jardine directly is more expensive than going through a dealer. For example, they typically sell the system I was asking about for $558.95. However, I asked if there were any clearance prices on the exhaust systems as a result of them being discontinued and I was told that they were both on sale. Jardine is selling the triple nickel plated system with a round canister (the kind with a bent spout at the end) for $368.95, regularly $558.95 They are selling the black system with the oval canister, which I have, for $299.95, which is regulary $449.95. The cheapest I have found the nickel system for is $440.00 shipped. The black system typically runs about $350.00.

I love the one I bought. It's a solid system that flows better than the Vance & Hines I bought and has a great exhaust note too. Rev it and they definitely know that you are coming. Here are some pics of the black exhaust seen mounted on both of my bikes. I am going by Jardine tomorrow and I am going to buy either the nickel plated system or another black system. If I had the cash I'd get both just to have an extra. Can I get some opinions on what everyone thinks the Katana would look better in, chrome or black? If anyone is interested maybe I can get a "mass buy" type discount going with them. ~Gene

Whats the header collector O.D.?

Comment

I like your Katana just the way it is. I was planning on putting the same exhaust on my GS1000 project. $300.00 is a great price. Let me know how it goes. I may have to buy one now if you are going to get such a great deal. I wonder if I can buy online at that price and save the sales tax?
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Jardine Exhaust

I apologize for the late response. I was out of town. The exhaust is 2 1/2" at the outlet. ~Gene

Comment

They're going fast. I just bought a black set for my GS1000. Your $300 price is the best I've heard of. Dennis Kirk has 'em for $412. Bikebandit is asking about $390. Flatout was selling them for $379 delivered.

Mine should be here in a few days. I wish you would have posted last week!

Geez, maybe Jardine should reconsider. They'll sell more at the lower price.

Comment

Gene,
            Did you end up going by Jardine? Did you get a pipe? Do they have any more?
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Guyver, can an oil/filter change be done with these Jardine systems in place? The 'down pipes' look really close together. No pic as yet on their site of the 'round can' nickle-plated system, eh?
              IMHO, both of your bikes look better with the black exhaust...now, if you could fit the round can on the black exhaust .....

Tony.
              Last edited by Mysuzyq; 02-18-2007, 01:44 PM.
              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Oil changes can be done, at least on my 850, but its more difficult. I love the black and think it looks great, but I didn't think that the finish on mine was all that great and didn't trust it to last. So I had mine ceremic coated (see below).

I also think its too loud, but I guess that's a matter of taste.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post

I also think its too loud, but I guess that's a matter of taste.

Really? I doubt they get any more PC than that?

Tony.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                    Really? I doubt they get any more PC than that?

Tony.
                    PC would be my mountain bike I think. I'm not totally gone....yet.

Comment

Jardine Exhaust

I am going by Jardine on Tuesday. I was headed out of town to look at some property in Williams, AZ (by the Grand Canyon) and just didn't have time to get over there. I will get the black system again. I agree that it looks best on the Katana. I agree with the idea of the round canister on the black system. The oval canister has a slot thing on the back of the canister that a bolt slips, which in turn mounts to the bracket to the bike. ~Gene

Comment

Got my pipes today! \\/

$324 + tx + s/h = $378 delivered. Oh well. I'm not disappointed.

Looks like I'm gonna lose my center stand. It's gonna be really close. Gene, what's your experience?

Comment

Glad You Got One

I retained my centerstand while using the exhaust on both my Katana and my GS1100E. I can also change the oil and filter without removing the pipes. It is kinda tight to do the filter though. I love the exhaust and highly recommend it. I compared it to the Vance & Hines system, both brand new and both on the same bike, and the Jardine flowed much better and gave the bike more power. Right after that I sold the Vance & Hines and retained the Jardine. ~Gene

Comment

Working...
                          X