recovering seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recovering seat

Anyone from Maine know where I can get my bikes seat reupholstered for a resonable price? I live in Auburn.

I pulled the following off of craigs list in March. He is in Tilton NH. I don't know how far that is from you and I have never done business with this person.

Upholstery work for office furniture, kitchen chairs, wingback chairs, sofas, boat cushions, motorcycle seats, skimobile seats.
    Custom made cushions for window seats, custom pillows, new sofa cushions, auto seats.
    Button fabric covering service, snaps installed on leather garments such as jackets and chaps, grommets installed.
    Wood furniture repairs, broken or loose chair and sofa frames, refinishing and staining, upholstery repairs.
    We install Scotch Gard (tm) fabric protection for your furniture, automotive upholstery, carpets, etc.
    We also have a large selection of cane hanks for chair weaving, cane webbing, pegs, tools, and instruction books.
    Basket weaving reed, such as round reed, flat reed, half round reed, oval reed, flat oval reed, some hardwood handles, basket kits, etc.
    We can repair wicker and bamboo furniture, make cushions for them, repaint, etc.
    Vinyl window replacement on your tractor, snowblower etc available, I use -20 degrees below zero clear vinyl replacement materials with UV protected threads.
    Follow the link or copy and paste it into your address bar to see some of our work and just a small example of our supplies. If you don't see what you need or have questions about weather we can do your job, call 6 0 3 - 4 9 6 - 4 4 3 7
    Check out some pictures at http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=thefixitshop&x=9&y=8

Comment

Why don't You Order a Seat Cover from These Guys and do it Yourself. I did, It took about 45 Minutes and I'm Very Happy with it.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

2 suggestions

PM Jethro--Geoff for his seatcovering write up.
        It may be on his web site, geoffreysworld ?

Or find a local upholstery shop and ask.
        I had a seat re-foamed, not covered by a local guy that does
        custom interiors, hot rods etc.for cheap.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

You might also try JC Whitney on line.
          V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I would just recover it, but I want to put in all new foam as well because the foam in there now has been exposed to the elements.
            Thanks

*EDIT* I just looked at that link and I guess it comes with a 1in. foam pad along with the cover to hid the damaged foam. Interesting...I will research this further. Also, to make sure I don't have a different seat or anything, the picture I am including is my 1982 650G. That is a 650G (or GZ I guess), seat correct?
            Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2007, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              Why don't You Order a Seat Cover from These Guys and do it Yourself. I did, It took about 45 Minutes and I'm Very Happy with it.
              It looks awesome... I love it....

Comment

http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/
                They don't show anything for an 83 GS750E. I'm assuming the GS750 TZ/TD are different. They do show a cover for the GS1100E though.

Mad
                83 GS750E
                2006 ZX14
                2004 KTM 450 EXC
                2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

I've heard good thinks about this guy

https://www.richscustomseats.com/
                  No signature

Comment

Holy Dead thread, Batman. 14+ years.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Failing all else this guy in the uk does a range of seat covers that are exelent quality and period correct he also sells the spiked strip that makes fitting very secure https://www.pandkclassicbikes.co.uk/
                      i fitted one to my 850 using the spiked strips below.

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                      past bikes. RF900
                      TL1000s
                      Hayabusa
                      gsx 750f x2
                      197cc Francis Barnett
                      various British nails

Comment

When I bought my Suzi in 2013, I was told the seat had recently been recovered (it certainly looked like new). I wasn't very surprised that an unskilled DIYer could do it, I was more surprised that exact replicas of an '82-'83 seat were available.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
                          Failing all else this guy in the uk does a range of seat covers that are exelent quality and period correct he also sells the spiked strip that makes fitting very secure https://www.pandkclassicbikes.co.uk/
                          i fitted one to my 850 using the spiked strips below.

I'm almost certain it was P&K that I bought a GS850 fibreglass seat pan from, as I passed through Brum (or next to it) about 30 years ago. It's still going strong, but needs recovered again. Been meaning to drop them a line to see if they're still doing them. If they are, it's excellent VFM.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/

That B&H is a very nice looking company marvinsc;how do you like the seat cover's quality ?

Comment

Working...
                            X