No announcement yet.

GS 700 E removing air box hints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy S _ _t Guys. You dont have to remove the motror if the 750 E is the same a s the 1100E then its time consuming but you must be patient and it comes out. First are we talking about the airbox that is between the carbs and the air filter box ??

If so drop the carbs by rmoving the intake clamps and using a small flathead screwdriver gently pry the boots back and up so the carbs drop down and out then pull the box, Ihave done this several times with lots of effort but it does work if your patient.

Then to remover the intake manifolds you remove the easiest screws first then if you are not able to get a impact driver in postion then try a long punch to give the screw a good hard tap you will most likely notice that the screw threads are white with corrosion or thread lock. Again it takes time but can be done with little damage if you take your time.
    sorry for ranting

All the best Archie
    Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

air box

Hello agian guys

So sorry for the rant and incorrect info I passed on. I did read more carefully and I see that it is indeed the airbox between the side covers and under the seat.

Has anyone tried to remove the front portion of the rear fender and slip it in that way ??

Thanks Archie

Comment

Originally posted by vtx1800lover View Post
        Hello agian guys

So sorry for the rant and incorrect info I passed on. I did read more carefully and I see that it is indeed the airbox between the side covers and under the seat.

Has anyone tried to remove the front portion of the rear fender and slip it in that way ??

Thanks Archie
        Can't be done. The front of the airbox is wider than the space between the frame tubes that the rear part fits in.

We didn't remove our engines for the hell of it, you know.
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
        X