Clear All

I knew I saw him heading there.
    I saw you.:?
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Great shots Mike. You got a good week to be here. I took a ride along the coast Tuesday and it was wonderful. Hopefully we can hook up for a drink or a bite or whatever while you're here.

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
      ... I put a wrench on the 81 for the first time in over two years. Next spring I hope to have it back in action. Have a safe trip buddy!
      Hey Geoff, you going to keep it stock or what? I'm thinking of putting pods on my 550. It already has a V&H exhaust, so I need to do something to fix the jetting issues.

Comment

Originally posted by emjay View Post
        Great shots Mike. You got a good week to be here. I took a ride along the coast Tuesday and it was wonderful. Hopefully we can hook up for a drink or a bite or whatever while you're here.

Hey Geoff, you going to keep it stock or what? I'm thinking of putting pods on my 550. It already has a V&H exhaust, so I need to do something to fix the jetting issues.
        Probably gonna keep it stock. Certainly stock intake and exhaust, since I have those fresh, never been used, stock chrome pipes. And they only add 63 lbs to the bike!8-[
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Maine is a great place. I have taken many rides along the coast. Rockland is also a nice area and also bar harbor. To bad I am in PA right now or I would be on the road.

Comment

jealous on two counts -
            Maine.
            Bike.
            That order.
            Not KY tho. (No offense)

Comment

Originally posted by justin caise View Post
              jealous on two counts -
              Maine.
              Bike.
              That order.
              Not KY tho. (No offense)
              None taken .. I was born and raised in the same area in Kentucky, so I like it. Most everyplace is good for someone.

I thought New Hampshire was very nice too.

If she had to move far away, I am glad that my sis moved up here (Maine) so that I have a nice place to visit.

Mike

Comment

More pics of the your journey and a ride report when you get a chance!
                Currently bikeless
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

More pics of the your journey and a ride report when you get a chance!

Update .. (sorry no new pics) aside from a very pleasant visit with my sis and her family, I met emjay for drinks and dinner.

Went to a waterfront place in South Portland so I could soak in some foggy views of the harbor as we got to talk bikes. Cool guy and I appreciated his hospitality.

Plan is to leave at first break in the precipitation (or after breakfast whichever comes first) on Saturday.

Hope to make mid Pennsylvania at least on the first leg. Finish up on Sunday ...

Back to work on Monday morning :-|

Comment

Originally posted by justin caise View Post
                    jealous on two counts -
                    Maine.
                    Bike.
                    That order.
                    Not KY tho. (No offense)
                    Alright, got you on Maine and a bike\\/
                    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                    2000 Kawasaki Concours
                    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Jeebuz, another epic day for your ride towards home man! It's bluebird out there. Safe journey!
                      Currently bikeless

Comment

What a beautiful day to ride ..

Jeebuz, another epic day for your ride towards home man! It's bluebird out there. Safe journey!
                        Thanks .. I only made it to Danbury because I got a later start than originally planned. I averaged about 40 miles per hour today including stops. Should make better time on less crowded roads tomorrow.

Head out again early Sunday morning and hope to finish up the trip home.

Here are a few shots from Cape Elizabeth this afternoon just before I left.

Comment

a few more shots ..

Comment

I see you are making the trip with the windshield! How is it?
                            Currently bikeless

Comment

With a 1000 mi trip I bet he is lovin' that windshield!

That is a sweet 1100, I have never really seen pics of it. Great bike you aquired from a standup guy! Many smiles and miles mriddle !

Comment

I lowered it just a little and leaned it back some. .. when I lean forward, it does help.

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                                With a 1000 mi trip I bet he is lovin' that windshield!

That is a sweet 1100, I have never really seen pics of it. Great bike you aquired from a standup guy! Many smiles and miles mriddle !

I have decided that I will never go far without it .. helps a lot at speed.

Thanks .. love the power... and getting 40 mpg so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X