Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New England one way-tour

mriddle Guest

Default A few shots snapped on the way from Manchester NH to South Portland ME

Jethro was very helpful today and it was a pleasure doing business with him.

I had a wonderful ride up the coast this afternoon.

After a couple of days visiting my sister's family, will be heading out for the (almost) 1000 mile ride home this weekend.

I think that I am going to like this bike very much.

MissFabulous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mriddle View Post

Hard not to love New England, and what a great reason to go! Have a safe and wonderful trip back, and take (and post) lotsa pics!

edbot Guest

Nice pics of Nubble Light. Made a few dives there over the years. Have a safe trip home!

Jethro is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Very nice pics. I am already regretting letting that bike go, but on the bright side, I put a wrench on the 81 for the first time in over two years. Next spring I hope to have it back in action. Have a safe trip buddy!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

mriddle Guest

I can certainly see how you would miss it.

I hope to take good care of it and give it plenty of use.

That is what these old GSs like best if I understand it right!

crag antler is offline Forum Guru Charter Member
    Past Site Supporter

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=116000
    I knew I saw him heading there.
    I saw you.:?
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

emjay Guest

Great shots Mike. You got a good week to be here. I took a ride along the coast Tuesday and it was wonderful. Hopefully we can hook up for a drink or a bite or whatever while you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    ... I put a wrench on the 81 for the first time in over two years. Next spring I hope to have it back in action. Have a safe trip buddy!
    Hey Geoff, you going to keep it stock or what? I'm thinking of putting pods on my 550. It already has a V&H exhaust, so I need to do something to fix the jetting issues.

Jethro is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by emjay View Post
    Great shots Mike. You got a good week to be here. I took a ride along the coast Tuesday and it was wonderful. Hopefully we can hook up for a drink or a bite or whatever while you're here.

Hey Geoff, you going to keep it stock or what? I'm thinking of putting pods on my 550. It already has a V&H exhaust, so I need to do something to fix the jetting issues.
    Probably gonna keep it stock. Certainly stock intake and exhaust, since I have those fresh, never been used, stock chrome pipes. And they only add 63 lbs to the bike!8-[
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

paintmann111 Guest

Maine is a great place. I have taken many rides along the coast. Rockland is also a nice area and also bar harbor. To bad I am in PA right now or I would be on the road.

justin caise Guest

jealous on two counts -
    Maine.
    Bike.
    That order.
    Not KY tho. (No offense)