No announcement yet.

New England one way-tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got about 400 beautiful miles in today ...

Comment

Not back in KY yet though?
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have not yet developed my "road seat". Stopped in Cumberland Maryland for some rest. Ride on home this morning. Work a couple of hours this afternoon and back to the grind Tuesday.

This will also end the cheesy pics .

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
          I have not yet developed my "road seat". Stopped in Cumberland Maryland for some rest. Ride on home this morning. Work a couple of hours this afternoon and back to the grind Tuesday.

This will also end the cheesy pics .

Thanks everyone.

Wonderful log, no cheesy pics at all !!

And a heck of a road test
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Wicked cool, I'm glad the trip went well, I thought you'd have a lot of rain- but NO!! This deal worked out so smoothly I can't believe it. And how cool that I still get to see pics of the bike on it's new adventures!
            Currently bikeless
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Made it home about 12:30 pm Monday.

15 hours later than the original plan, but it was fantastic.

I could have done 500 miles today .. so I will get the hang of it.

I put the rain covers on my tankbag and tailbag about an hour from home.

I would guess in the whole trip i was in maybe 15 minutes of light sprinkles.

The only exception was one downpour as I crossed (in a peasoup fog) the Casco Bay Bridge in Portland .. that happened on an explore ride, not the way home.

That wet metal grate was hands down the toughest 30 seconds of the trip.

The 1100 ran great .. can't believe the way it pulls on the hills \\/

Gotta shower and head to the office.

Thanks for all the comments and looking at the pics.

I am more of a GS (and GSR) fan now than ever.

Mike

Comment

Damn glad you are a happy buyer! I love it when a plan comes together!
                Currently bikeless

Comment

8)Cool pics, like this one the best.

Glad you made it home safely. Enjoy the bike and...no pressure keeping it as nice as Jethro did :mrgreen: !

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
                    8)Cool pics, like this one the best.

Glad you made it home safely. Enjoy the bike and...no pressure keeping it as nice as Jethro did :mrgreen: !

Thanks .. I passed up a million shots that I wanted to stop and get, but I never would have made it home.

As far as keeping it as nice as Jethro did .. tall order ..

The only plans that I have for the bike would be pretty far out in the future as I like it very much as it looks now.

Future may bring newer wheels to allow radials.

It is not sacrilege to repaint it (the same color) now is it?

Comment

Mileage total

I hadn't mentioned .. ended up at about 1250 miles for the trip.

Comment

TFuture may bring newer wheels to allow radials.

It is not sacrilege to repaint it (the same color) now is it?
                        Both are upgrades I would have done had I kept the bike.
                        Currently bikeless

Comment

Good to hear you made it home ok. When I got back from dinner I mentioned to my wife that I thought you were going to be hard pressed to make it home Sunday night. It took everything I had to make to Shirley's rally in June in one day. 590 miles in 12 hours was a lot. You had about the same to do in one day.

I like the pictures you took. You've got a good eye.

It was great to hook up for drinks and dinner. It's always cool to connect with other members. Tell me the next time you're in town. Enjoy the bike.

Comment

I usually make it up there 1 or 2 times per year.

Yea I had a blast indeed. ..

I decided not to make myself miserable so I broke it into 3 legs with the middle being 400 miles.

I will let you know for sure .. loved that restaurant .. what was the name of it ?

Comment

OK Jethro .. funniest thing happened today.

Had a dyed in the wool Harley girl here at the office, drooling over the bike.

A Suzuki !!

Were you going to paint it same color or change it ?

I really like the current color ..

Comment

I usually make it up there 1 or 2 times per year.

Yea I had a blast indeed. ..

I decided not to make myself miserable so I broke it into 3 legs with the middle being 400 miles.

I will let you know for sure .. loved that restaurant .. what was the name of it ?
                                Cool. we'll have to hook up again.

I wish I had made the Fab Rally trip in two days. It would've been more enjoyable.

The restaurant is called Salt Water Grille. It's especially great in the summer cause you can sit on the deck over the water.

Comment

Working...
                                X