No announcement yet.

$77.00 Rearsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder... why not just move your stock pegs back with this same method? Less fussing with rear brake master cyl compatibility. Just lengthen the shift linkage.

My 700 pegs look pretty much like those modern pegs already, anyway...

Comment

You'd have to flip the shifter around backwards. Then learn to shift backwards..one up and 4 down...and brake side could prove to be annoyingly complicated. It could be done, but with as cheap as you can find a decent set of said sets on ebay, its much less complicated and probably less frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
        I wonder... why not just move your stock pegs back with this same method? Less fussing with rear brake master cyl compatibility. Just lengthen the shift linkage.

My 700 pegs look pretty much like those modern pegs already, anyway...
        The early 750, 850, 1000, and 1100's don't have a linkage. The exception was the 1980 GS1000s. (the 550's all had a shift linkage)
        Re-engineering the stock brake linkage would be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          You'd have to flip the shifter around backwards. Then learn to shift backwards..one up and 4 down...and brake side could prove to be annoyingly complicated. It could be done, but with as cheap as you can find a decent set of said sets on ebay, its much less complicated and probably less frustrating.
          if you justtake the original link off the shaft, turn it so its pointing up, and then attach the added/modified linkage, you have effectively rotated the shift pattern back to where it started.

Comment

Working...
          X