Schematic and guide to fit relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
    If anyone can post a picture of where they mounted the relays it would help others.
    here is the ignition relay on my 1100E

excuse the mess (need to do some cleaning up) this is the ignition relay and horn relay(in front of ignition relay) on my 80 1000G, this is also the aftermarket fuse panel, I did this a couple years ago and it has not missed a beat.

you can also see the inline fuse holders for the main relay and the headlight power relay

the gray object is the headlight switchover relay and controls low and high beam, the ignition relay controls power to the 30 terminal of the switchover relay.

this is mounted under front of tank in front of coils on right side and is a epoxy sealed water proof relay.
    the black box in front of the coils is a integrator module and allows the front turn signals to act like running lights (dim) and turn signals (bright) using the standard single filament bulbs.

Comment

this is the relay to get if space is a issue or if you want a relay that can handle the same load as the standard square relay but in a smaller size.

this is in the power train fuse box on a Ford Focus.
      as the focus is sold around the world, it is a easy relay to get as you just have to go to the dealer or local parts dealer and ask for a headlight relay for a Ford Focus. mine is a 2001 ZX3

note it is sitting above a regular square relay for size comparison.

Comment

Focus,
        Thanks that should some of the terror factor out of it for those who are hesitant to try it.

Comment

asked this in another thread but got no reply so far, so trying my luck here [-o<

being "down under", my bike has a functional headlight switch (on/off) and the headlight is NOT permanently on

what do i need to do when installing headlight relay(s) to still be able to use both the on/off switch AND the low/high beam switch?

help appreciated :-D
          GS850GT

Comment

Hi psyguy,
            That configuration is in the 1st and 2nd schematic, last pages of my guide, see first post. On the 2nd the D3 diode is optional between the relays, and there you will need two relays. The first schematic uses one relay.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM. Reason: Edited reply

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
              Hi psyguy,
              That configuration is in the 2nd schematic, last page of my guide, see first post. The D3 diode is optional between the relays, and you will need two relays. You could also combine the two battery feed wires into one.
              thanks matchless :-D
              GS850GT

Comment

how can i get a copy of that schematic

Comment

cane veiw schematic

that media fire is awful. is there another way to get a copy

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
                    this is the relay to get if space is a issue or if you want a relay that can handle the same load as the standard square relay but in a smaller size.

this is in the power train fuse box on a Ford Focus.
                    as the focus is sold around the world, it is a easy relay to get as you just have to go to the dealer or local parts dealer and ask for a headlight relay for a Ford Focus. mine is a 2001 ZX3

note it is sitting above a regular square relay for size comparison.

I was at Autozone the other day and saw that exact relay in a blister pack marked as a Ford Focus relay.
                    I just got a package from the store in Ohio, from a weblink in this thread, with 2 5 pin relays with mounting ear/lug/hole, and 2 wiring pigtails. Awesome!

Comment

Hi psyguy,
                      That configuration is in the 1st and 2nd schematic, last pages of my guide, see first post. On the 2nd the D3 diode is optional between the relays, and there you will need two relays. The first schematic uses one relay.

Sorry did not give you the correct reply, I think I had a case of Altzheimers light at the time!

rafael garza,
                      I will try and email you a copy or see if I can post it in this thread

Comment

Thanks alot my email is rjgarza@pasadenaisd.org. i have a gs650 with a weak spark and hope this might get me closer to my goal. Oh i also seem to have some type of ground issue. it was burnt from coils to battery. thanks again. Your wisdom is my confidents :shock:

Comment

Not sure if this will be clear otherwise its best to rather download the PDF

Comment

Hi rafael garza,
                            I have sent you a full copy. Just edit your post and remove your email address so that someone does not start spamming you, as the forum can be read by non members as well and these things unfortunately do happen in this world.

Comment

hi matchless
                              i posted a question for you in the Voltage Loos Data thread, but maybe we should continue the conversation here as the other thread was started by FF so i already feel bad for hijacking it
                              cheers
                              GS850GT

Comment

Genius at work!

Hi Mr. Matchless,

I just wanted to say thanks and let you know that I've been following this thread. You do great work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                                X