No announcement yet.

Schematic and guide to fit relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone give me a clue as to how to get the file to download from the link on the first page?

Comment

I guess I was the only one having trouble. I finally downloaded it. Maybe it was because I am using Firefox or my setup, but I ended up clicking on the download file box which looked like it was working but the PDF file would stop loading and would show nothing. I "saved page as" the stopped blank page to a folder on my computer and then it downloaded just fine

Thanks, Matchless! It is a great bit of instruction.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I should have followed this up when the first report came to me. I now also tried downloading and found that I cannot download any of my PDF files any more. The other files seem OK. I have submitted a trouble ticket to MediaFire and hopefully they will reply soon.
        Will let you know when its working again, but in the meantime please try the method used by GSJohn

Comment

For Firefox users there is an excellent FREE add-on for downloading called "Download Them All."

I also had problems with the Mediafire link, but after right clicking on it and selecting the "Download Them All" option not only did the download work perfectly but it went MUCH faster than typically happens. I used this add-on a few days ago to download a 1.5 GIG GPS map/firmware upgrade for one of my GPS's, and what supposedly would take about eight hours (by the website's estimation) was finished in three. Very nice tool!

CLICK ME FOR DOWNLOAD THEM ALL - FIREFOX ADD-ON

Hope this is helpful!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
            here is the ignition relay on my 1100E

excuse the mess (need to do some cleaning up) this is the ignition relay and horn relay(in front of ignition relay) on my 80 1000G, this is also the aftermarket fuse panel, I did this a couple years ago and it has not missed a beat.

you can also see the inline fuse holders for the main relay and the headlight power relay

the gray object is the headlight switchover relay and controls low and high beam, the ignition relay controls power to the 30 terminal of the switchover relay.

this is mounted under front of tank in front of coils on right side and is a epoxy sealed water proof relay.
            the black box in front of the coils is a integrator module and allows the front turn signals to act like running lights (dim) and turn signals (bright) using the standard single filament bulbs.

Hi focus
            In your third picture you show an integrator module for your turn signals--what kind is it and where can I get one?

Comment

Unable to download your instructions

Hi Matchless!
              I have been following this thread with great interest and would love to download your instructions. However (with Firefox and also with Microsoft Explorer) I obtain the following error comment:
              The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
              Has this file been moved somewhere else? Any insight would be very appreciated!
              Thank you!
              2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
              1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
              2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
              s)

Comment

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
                Hi Matchless!
                I have been following this thread with great interest and would love to download your instructions. However (with Firefox and also with Microsoft Explorer) I obtain the following error comment:
                The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
                Has this file been moved somewhere else? Any insight would be very appreciated!
                Thank you!
                My apologies. I have temporary moved the file as i want to do a change to the diagram before uploading a new link. I will try and get it up soon as I have updated the diagram. Is there something specific that you are looking for?

Comment

Relay doiagrams

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                  My apologies. I have temporary moved the file as i want to do a change to the diagram before uploading a new link. I will try and get it up soon as I have updated the diagram. Is there something specific that you are looking for?
                  No need to apoligize. You have been very helpful.
                  Thank you very much!
                  2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                  1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                  2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                  s)

Comment

Hello Mr Matchless,

Did you get arround uploading this file to share? I find myself suffering from low voltage at the headlight bucket and even at the secondary fuses.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
                      Hello Mr Matchless,

Did you get arround uploading this file to share? I find myself suffering from low voltage at the headlight bucket and even at the secondary fuses.

Thanks for your help
                      NEvermind. I found the info in basscliff's site. I'll will to work on it ASAP.

Comment

These guys sell a nice little 20a micro relay.. It's 3/4"x 1/2" 1 1 1/2" inch.
                        They also sell a socket connector for it

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
                          Hello Mr Matchless,

Thanks for your help
                          Hi,
                          I am embarassed! I never updated the schematic! I meant to do it and just forgot about it.

I have started redoing it today and will try and make it available soon.

Comment

The link to my site is up again. Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...17b31bfbde8fc1

I had to make some changes to the tutorial as there are many ways to kill a cat and we have headlight on/off switches here and some countries do not.

Adding a relay should actually be a last resort or for a good reason.

Just one thing, use decent relays, such a genuine Bosch. I have seen them still working on old BMW's after many years. Mount them properly as well with some sort of rubber anti vibration buffer. Most of the failed relays have been fixed with zip ties or were of dubious origin as vibration is one of the biggest dangers here.

Comment

Working...
                            X