Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that the wiring I have are as follows:
    4 wires on the plug (4 prong plug):
    - Light Green (controls the rear, front and gauge indicator for the right side of the bike)
    -Black (controls the rear, front and gauge indicator for the left side of the bike)
    -Light Green/Black (goes to the turn signal switch on the right side)
    -Black/Blue (goes to the turn signal switch on the left side)

Orange to Orange/Red is the power supply to not only the blinkers but also the headlamp for the front of the bike.

So, when wiring it as described above, all three (plus the back) blink in unison as if I had hazard lights stuck on.

The only way I see around this (without buying the part) is to connect 2 toggle switches- one with a left, middle and right position and another with a left/right position. The first will control the blinkers and the second will control the power going to and from the flasher (so that it is not continually on).

Do you (or anyone) see another option, or where I made a mistake?

j razz

Comment

Okay,

I had two orange wires going into the handlebar control. I found the one that went just to the blinkers. I unhooked the flasher from close to the fuse box ( as it was causing all the lights to blink and if you pushed to the left on the blinker it would light up the thicker filament and blink brighter on that side and it would do the same on the right). I then reconnected that wire where the flasher was and hooked the flasher up to the orange wire coming out of the handlebar control for the blinkers (it had two, but this one was definitely going to the blinkers, not the lights). Nothing, nada, zilch. All the lights were on (working) and the current was getting through at the appropriate level, but the flasher was not clicking and the blinkers would not come on. Is this a ground issue with it being that far away from the fuse box area? I am just confused and frustrated with why this won't work!

I am ready to give up by the blinker control box. I called a few places today and found two prices- 254 dollars and 305 dollars but neither had them in stock or new if they could even get them. This is definitely a GS850 GN (79 model). Any ideas? ANYBODY?!?

j razz

Comment

Working...
      X