No announcement yet.

RMStator vs Electrosport Stator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you eliminate the headlight loop, as well as replaced the connections to the batt. Feed?

Comment

It's possible running without the headlight on fried the stator. I just happened to have done the same thing last year when my battery wasn't charging. My original problem was a battery that came out of a bad batch of Westco AGMs. I figured I'd run without the headlight thinking the battery might charge and that may have contributed to the stator burning its windings.

Comment

ah, now I see that running w/o the headlight might be a problem. Well, I'm going to order a new stator as no one seems to have a spare for sale.

I'm not sure on the headlight loop, I'll look at that when I get it apart.

Comment

Check the voltage drop to your switch lead connection too. I have been running it directly to the battery on seven bikes for over two years now with no problems. Also, you should verify that your 5 main bullet connectors are making good contact (I do this by cutting them off and soldering the wires), and that you have grounds to the frame and battery.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Got the stator yesterday and the output wires were only 16ga. Has anyone else seen such thin wires on a stator?

Doesn't matter, I hooked it up and at all RPM's the battery stays at 12.7 no change...FML

I would KILL for a garage, the bike is outside my house in the dark and there's nothing I can do about it. Tomorrow I get to try to work on it in the blazing sun, yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X