Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a picture of your custom GS

lowered, paint, gsxr conversion, anything that changes the appearance of your GS
    Let people know what can be done to a GS.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2008, 01:44 AM.

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
    lowered, paint, gsxr conversion, anything that changes the appearance of your GS
    Let people know what can be done to a GS.
    Ok.. since you asked.. Ive posted this a few times, but what the hell!

This is my 1977 GS750B Cafe Racer build project. Its not done yet, but slowly and surely working its way there. Of course, I keep thinking of MORE things I want to do, so it may well never be done, but here she is for now...

I built the fibreglass seat by hand, and the tank I will be using on it isnt on it in this pic, but I hand beat knee indents into it as well. The whole bike was stripped down to the frame, and Ive added some performance mods, such as progressive dual coil shocks, a GS11000E aluminum boxed swingarm, Tarozzi fork brace, Vance and Hines pipe, hand jetted the carbs (still fine tuning that..sheesh) Stainless brake lines, EBC pads, rebuilt the top end of the motor and she's lowered an inch in the front, bout .5 inch in the rear. Eventually, probably THIS winter, the electrics will all be hidden under the seat box, I may be adding velocity stacks, clipon bars, drilled rotors, rearsets, once i can fab a kicker arm that wont hit the rear brake pedal on the rearsets, and possibly 850 jugs and pistons.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

me likey that .........cool toy

heres mine

Comment

Sweet exhaust mount, cafekid!

Comment

here is my gs1000e, slightly modified! old picture this one but a lot more has been done since this pic was taken
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

seen that bad boy in a few pictures ..still love it.........mmmmmm gs thou ....want one like that

Comment

here is the latest mod, not complete yet but will look good when its finished.
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

My bike:

and YoshiJohnny's who inspired mine:

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyMastr View Post
                  Sweet exhaust mount, cafekid!
                  HA! Thanks man, its ugly as hell, but it does the job for now. Eventually I will figure out how to fab up something else that looks a little cleaner...lol

Comment

My 1100 shaftie. Treats me well after all these years.

Comment

see these r all cool bikes
                      the main reason i wanted to post this is to see what can be done to my bike and now other people can see what can be done with our bikes.
                      fat_sac i see your bike has been lowered and u have a gk seat.
                      what rear shocks r u using
                      keep um comin

Comment

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
                        see these r all cool bikes
                        the main reason i wanted to post this is to see what can be done to my bike and now other people can see what can be done with our bikes.
                        fat_sac i see your bike has been lowered and u have a gk seat.
                        what rear shocks r u using
                        keep um comin

lowered front and rear with risers and a tube slide out front and the chrome and black rears off cycle recycle and my bike is an 82 GK. Nice spot.

Comment

Here's mine below. The minor things... I swapped the bars and put on the kuryakyn iso grips. The paint was done by a friend of mine and her autobody teacher. It is actually rim paint from the Ford catalog I believe.

Comment

a work in progress, been a month now. not even close to most of the bikes here

Comment

My 1983 GS650GL--Thought this bike would be to big to cafe but it ended being fine
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X