No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag bike? Sweet! I really like the wheels in the before pic.

Comment

So much to do, so little time!

Comment

I prefer "Prostreet"--will be on the street and on the the strip--Paid $800 for the bike and sold the wheels for $1200--Rare Henry Abe wheels--went to an ebay buyer in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by knowyourenemy66 View Post
          I prefer "Prostreet"--will be on the street and on the the strip--Paid $800 for the bike and sold the wheels for $1200--Rare Henry Abe wheels--went to an ebay buyer in Japan.
          NICE!!!

Comment

A few details; '79 gs750e--motor stock for now--850 top end in the future--13" over double clubfoot double strut swingarm--fiberglass gas tank, front fender and tailpiece--NOS Koenig beltdrive magneto--Mr. Turbo header--Widened rear rim, 3.5"--drilled rotors--alot of things left to do; install Nos brake master cylinders and stainless lines--build a mount and install Jones tach--go through motor, carbs, wiring etc... The list is long--I work alot and my play time is limited, but I enjoy playing in the garage!

Comment

A few of my project...

Comment

picked it up a month ago like this

finished product...
                Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2011, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Even though you had a darn good base for your project, that is an amazing transfer in a month! Very close to my "L" plans, but I got 8 months in mine and counting...
                  Nice job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
                    Well here's mine. GS1100GK with plenty of custom bits.
                    Can I ask what you had done exactly? i have the same bike and am researching ideas....since i have not 1 creative bone in my body! I'd really be interested in the Motor, carb, etc.

Comment

This is my 81' GS1000L

Comment

Lotta work going on here. The bikes look good! Keep it up!
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

wow, great job turning that thing around!!

Originally posted by AMF Racing View Post
                          picked it up a month ago like this

finished product...

Comment

79 GS1000S New bore and 1085 pistons/rings, welded crank, ported head, Andrews S2 degreed cams, undercut tranny gears, Vance & Hines billet racing clutch, Mikuni VM33 racing carbs, oil cooler, and a Dyna 2000 ignition. The frame, swingarm, etc. was powdercoated, and the body parts were painted by our friend Larry at www.meticulouspaint.com All the pinstripes are painted, not decals. NINE coats of clear. GS1100E front fender. Tinted Zero Gravity windscreen. The motor was painted by me. The swingarm is an upgraded aluminum one from a GS1100. Straight rate springs in the forks and Works Performance shocks in the rear. Upgraded calipers and rotors, black braided SS brake lines. She is shown with a NOS Alphabet exhaust, but I also have two old school Yoshimura exhausts for her. She will also be getting some GS1150/GS1100 wheels and wider tires once I get to it.

Started with this:

Now she looks like this:

Last edited by renobruce; 09-05-2011, 10:16 PM.
                            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Here is the latest on my GS750.

Comment

Wowzer Bruce! Looks great!
                                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                                X