Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like! here is my daily rider while I am working on the GS

Comment

Newbie here.....She's almost finished, Hope you guys dig it.

Comment

New headlight and turn signals (Kawasaki and tiny LEDs)

Comment

Originally posted by kenny p View Post

I can dig it! mine is almost the same. check the link in my sig.

Comment

Whilst I am not a big fan of open exhausts, I must say that I dig bobbers. Very nice.

Comment

Don't remember where I got the pic, but yur bike has been my screensaver at work since winter. Nice job there, whats the headlight from?

Comment

Pretty cool looking bike Kenny.

Hate to sound negative but have to say...
                a) 80-90% of a bikes stopping power is in the front brake which you don't have,

b) open exhaust pipes are socially irresponsible and a determent to the motorcycling community since it inspires hatred toward all cyclists,

c) open intake pipes and open exhaust will require extensive carb rejetting or the bike won't run for crap,

d) removing the suspension from the bike will make it dangerous and unstable every time you hit a bump in the road.

What you have there is a nice LOOKING piece, please keep it in the garage where it belongs.

Last edited by Nessism; 08-25-2008, 11:21 PM.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I'm not into that style of bike either,but I reckon it looks bloody good.I hope you don't leave it in the shed.Which ever way we hang,none of us build 'em to not use 'em.Well done old mate.Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Nessism, glad you like the looks of it. As far as the comments...

A- I know, but it's a "cruiser" and I don't ride like I stole it.

B- I know, but....... Boy-O-Boy they do sound great!

C- I know, She has been rejetted and runs better than when I got her.

D- I know, ain't it exciting!!

That's what makes the motorcycle world so fun, everyone has their own opinions and ideas of what a bike should look like or be,
                    and yet we all still get along fine!
                    Im glad you at least found it fun to look at, and I'll tell ya, it is really fun to ride too!
                    Thanks for the honesty, Kenny P.

****You gotta admit, it does look much better than when I started!

Comment

thats why they call it a hard tail?

Comment

I like the look of that one, nice. Not traditionally my thing but I would like a go on that one not sure about the no front brake deal... I would at least fit a single disk up there if it were mine. I'd be more inclined to lose the rear than the front if I had to make a choice.

Could be worse, could only have a "trans brake" like some of the choppers.....

What have you done with the front forks? Looks like you've chopped the spring? If so how did you rig them to limit the travel available or with no fender do they just hit the regular stops & still clear?

Dan
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Salty-I have 1/2 the recommended air and 1/2 the oil, stock sized spring still, I'm in Florida and the roads are (luckily) pretty smooth, so it's not to bad of a ride.

Comment

Salty-I have 1/2 the recommended air and 1/2 the oil, stock sized spring still, I'm in Florida and the roads are (luckily) pretty smooth, so it's not to bad of a ride.
                            I still like it

Comment

Nessism, glad you like the looks of it. As far as the comments...

A- I know, but it's a "cruiser" and I don't ride like I stole it.

B- I know, but....... Boy-O-Boy they do sound great!

C- I know, She has been rejetted and runs better than when I got her.

D- I know, ain't it exciting!!

That's what makes the motorcycle world so fun, everyone has their own opinions and ideas of what a bike should look like or be,
                              and yet we all still get along fine!
                              Im glad you at least found it fun to look at, and I'll tell ya, it is really fun to ride too!
                              Thanks for the honesty, Kenny P.

****You gotta admit, it does look much better than when I started!
                              You don't happen to still have that tank do you?

Comment

Tank was donated with other leftovers to the local cycle salvage shop, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X