X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a POS!

Positively Outstanding Specimen !!

Originally posted by isleoman

Shameless gratuitous self promotion, sorry.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Comment

The start of its life.....

Half way there.......

Modified the rear fender and made custom aluminum side covers.....

Next up is a solo seat and suspension upgrades!

Comment

iceleoman
          How many people think your bike is stock?
          Because thats how suzuki should have made them

Comment

Comment

Comment

My '78 litre:

Comment

Russr Are those Lester mags on that from a KZ or are they Zook special issues from another manufacture? Either way they look VERY Superbike, and VERY period. Thats a sweet looking machine sir! Also, what size and make is your rear tire?

TCK

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman

Shameless gratuitous self promotion, sorry.
                    That bike is so fine it doesn't even need promotion. I think it's been said before and I agree to me that is the finest looking damn machine on this site, which is saying alot. Every time I see this pic I just end up staring for a few minutes, and I never have been a huge fan of the styling of this particular model. That thing just ooozes sex and muscle....
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2008, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                      Russr Are those Lester mags on that from a KZ or are they Zook special issues from another manufacture? Either way they look VERY Superbike, and VERY period. Thats a sweet looking machine sir! Also, what size and make is your rear tire?

TCK
                      Thanks Cafe. Short answer is I'm not sure. They were on the bike when I got it in December. I assumed they were Lester but never could find any markings to be sure, and I had them powder coated a few months back. Do you know how to tell? They do appear very similar to the ones on my Z1R.
                      Rear tire is a Continental Conti Blitz 130/90/18

Comment

Generally, they would be stamped in the lip of the wheel somewhere. Our GSs were made by Enkei (sp) which I didnt know untill recently, and got a kick out of, cause they make all those blingy boy racer rims for cars and such now...

Lester were used by Kawi, tho I think Morris made rims very similar, and I have seen some of both on GSs occasionally on fleabay, and some of the DTT guys love them, and will put them on just about any bike they may fit on. I dunno if the stock, mass produced Lesters and Morris' wheels were any lighter than their sets uses on Superbikes and what not, but I would bet so. I saw a set of Morris actuall magnesium wheels go on ebay not to long ago for over 1000 A PIECE. I dont think the stockers are worth that much, as I am pretty sure they were mostly aluminum yes? I DO know that the stock GS cast wheels are a bit heavier than the spokes, which is why I stick with spokes on my cafe, and whenever I find a 1000 or 1100 to do a Superbike replica similar to yours, it will have spokies on it as well.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2008, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Well now when the guys did my powdercoating they did say that they were magnesium, and it caused them a hell of a time. Had to do the powdercoating three times, because the porous nature of the magnesium kept letting air get though which caused bubbling. Eventually they had to primer the rims and then powdercoat, and even then there were a few spots where there is some slight bubbling.

Comment

Shameless gratuitous self promotion, sorry
                            nothing wrong with a bit of that from time to time .....specially when theres something worth promoting

Comment

Ive posted it before but you know

Comment

Ok here it is

Comment

Working...
                                X