No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a true custom, I just focused on improving the overall finish.
    Many of the upgrades can't be seen.

And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

lookin good! i have a 80 gs550. how do u lower these things?

Comment

can anybody tell me what the brackets are on the singarm where the shock is attached. how do i get a set? i am asuming they are to lower the bike. nice ride by the way!

Comment

His 1000 uses a different type of shock mount than your 850, or my 1100G for that matter. Our bikes use an "eye to eye" type mount, whereas his use an "eye to clevis" type mount. One way to lower your 850 is to use a shorter shock. If your bike is an 850G (the standard model) it will likely have i believe a 13.5 inch shock or right around there on it. To lower it, you could get a set of shocks designed for use on the 850 "L" model (the cruiser type model) as they are generally about 3/4s to an inch shorter. If you lower the rear, you'll want to lower the front as well, and a simple way to do this is to loosen the triple tree clamps, and push the forks up thru them a bit, about 3/4 or an inch. Its important that, for handlings sake, you generally lower the front as much as or close to the same amount as the rear, or you will change the handling characteristics. Lowering the front without the rear will speed the steering up a little, and vice verse.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
            Thanks. Went to a 530 chain too.

Made up my rear set adapter plates in 1/2" aluminum.

Moved the turn signals into the tail lights.

My never ending quest to lighten it up.
            Jeff that is a killer idea. Do you have a pictorial or write up on how you did this? My cafe's tail light is actually a two bulb double shotgun lamp, and it would be kinda cool to do this on it, so i could get rid of the signals i used which kinda mess with the flow of the bike.

Comment

Rotty, do the world a favour, and get some black paint on those mirrors

What front end have you put on the bike?

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman

Kinda interesting that Suzuki came out with the champaigne / red body work for those that couldn't decide between one or the other.
                That bike is horrible looking! I'll be a nice guy and trade you for a moped.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Vintage Sport Touring!

Here is my 1979 GS1000. Lots of powder-coating. Aluminum swing-arm. Shoei fairing. Vetter bags. All done in matte black.

Comment

Not sure

Is this considered custom?

Comment

Originally posted by GS700E Lover View Post
                      Is this considered custom?
                      Nice jug's.

Comment

I was hoping to fabricate the body work out of them... I was just feeling left out because mine is not done yet. Here is a pic of the engine stand the engine is in. Wrong section for this, but I thought I would show you guys in case you had not seen these...
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GS700E Lover View Post
                          I was hoping to fabricate the body work out of them... I was just feeling left out because mine is not done yet. Here is a pic of the engine stand the engine is in. Wrong section for this, but I thought I would show you guys in case you had not seen these...
                          how do you do that to the fins and have it come out strait.

Comment

86 1150E
                            Chassis soon to be sold
                            But keeping the motor

And it's almost as evil brother
                            Thieves.....kill them all.

Comment

Damn, I can look at these all day. Keep'em coming.

Let's see some more pictures of that Turbo 1150.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburn View Post
                                Damn, I can look at these all day. Keep'em coming.

Let's see some more pictures of that Turbo 1150.
                                Yep, there sure are ALOT of awesome bikes on this site!
                                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
                                X