Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other gas tank for GS450

Hi
    Just bought a 1981 gs450 that is going to be bobbed.
    I just wonder what kind of gas tanks that would fit without any modifications to the tank itself?

I want to have a smaller one, like the ones you see on Brat Style bikes and I don´t want to have it sitting "on top" of the frame.
    I´ll post a pic to give you an example.

Pls pls help me as this question drives me nuts.

JF Sebastian
    Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2008, 04:13 PM.

I feel yur pain bro... I'm still lookin for one for my 750L, not much that'll fit without cuttin up those danged side tubes on the frame. If a guy had the skills or the coin, I think a tank could be modded to fit down low on the frame, but I got neither! Keep us posted.

Comment

Cutting and welding?

I will for sure.

Would it be possible to cut the bottom from the original tank and weld it to another with the bottom cut out from it? Sound difficult but doable.
      I was considering a 125 or 250cc vintage tank just to get it small and neat.
      Look at this and admit it looks like the dogs bollocks!

Comment

Yeah, kinda what I was gettin at, just don"t have the welding skills or the cash to farm it out to someone who does. I deffinately think it would be do-able.

Comment

I´m not sure that it would be that expensive to do the cutting yourself with an angle-grinder and then cut the bottom to fit and just buy the welding part from someone with a tig/mig welder.
          But there MUST be a simpler solution to our problem.
          Isn´t there some sort of interchangeable parts list between models/brands somewhere? Like you could fit a GT5oo tank to a gs450e frame???

Comment

Working...
          X