Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

83GS550E Sprocket Size For Increased Speed/Lower RPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still checking the mixture, i was running a little rich before. Still riding to see what my average wil be with this tank.

Comment

My mix screws are at 3 turns out, ( pilot jets are 37.5 factory is 35 had to go larger due to lean condition way back when i cleaned them ) i'll adjust them to 2.5 turns out and do plug chops and ride it to see how much better my mpg gets.

That is the only thing i can think of that may be of any help to improve mpg besides losing weight-lol

I may have to adjust the clutch, on the centerstand in 1rst gear the rear tire is moving, don't know if this is normal or if the clutch needs to be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by GQROD View Post
        My mix screws are at 3 turns out, ( pilot jets are 37.5 factory is 35 had to go larger due to lean condition way back when i cleaned them ) i'll adjust them to 2.5 turns out and do plug chops and ride it to see how much better my mpg gets.

That is the only thing i can think of that may be of any help to improve mpg besides losing weight-lol

I may have to adjust the clutch, on the centerstand in 1rst gear the rear tire is moving, don't know if this is normal or if the clutch needs to be adjusted.
        If it's slowly turning and is stopped with little effort by pushing on it with your foot (mind the chain), then don't worry about it, that's pretty much normal.
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I see thanks, i can stop it but it takes a little effort.

Comment

Working...
          X