No announcement yet.

$1 Quick Turn Throttle Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So without thinking too hard (it's still early), do you think will this work with the dual throttle cables?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Bruce

Not sure of the double cable configuration (Push Pull??)

As long as the PVC is wide enough to maintain the cable, and the piece stays captured and allows for free rotation of the tube then I don't see what it would not work. Staying captured avoids having to glue and the potential from the PVC part floating around and jamming somehow.

The point is simply to increase the diameter of the plastic tube part that is rolling up the cable; no more no less.

Pos

Comment

Dremmel a small canal for the cables to run in.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Sweet. I found it kind of akward getting WOT when a ZX6 decided to try me.
          I'll be trying this one out.

Comment

You'll still get smoked.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              You'll still get smoked.
              Depends which model ZX-6 and if the rider has any skill. Mostly if the rider has any skill.

Mark

Comment

I did this on the DRZ (dual cables) the other day using a variation on the ziptie method.
                There was still slush and ice on the road when I tried it out, so I didn't wring it out too much, but it does seem quicker. Never got to full throttle since I'm a sissy. I did notice an increase in effort, but no binding. I only increased the diameter where the pulling cable wraps aroundas I think it would serve no purpose other than possible holding the throttle partly open to do the other.

Comment

My wrist is seriously in pain right now from a 2 hour highway ride home from a day trip. (not a fan of the throttle rocker BTW). All I could think about for the last hour was doing a search for this mod. I'm going to nip this in the bud tomorrow. thanks jim.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
                    My wrist is seriously in pain right now from a 2 hour highway ride home from a day trip. (not a fan of the throttle rocker BTW). All I could think about for the last hour was doing a search for this mod. I'm going to nip this in the bud tomorrow. thanks jim.
                    How'd she run?

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      How'd she run?
                      ran better than the cavs are doing, I'd be afraid of superman if I were in LA! she ran great...real smooth. I'm already craving more power though. I have the 47.5 pilots, and should prob put them in, but I'll wait for a raining day on that.

sorry for the highjack.....

Comment

Installed my pvc throttle mod today. Snapped right in place in about 10 minutes. No binding, and I didn't have to adjust the cable. Thanks Jim!

Went for a ride, and WOW! What a difference. I barely need to apply pressure on my throttle rocker to get all the throttle I need, in any gear. I never make it to WOT throttle, cuz I'm a wuss. But if I did want to wrap it, clearly there would be less stress on the wrist.

Posplayer gets my vote for "Inventor of the Year"

Note to Maro. I find that the throttle rocker puts pressure on just the worst spot on the wrist to aggravate my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I'm hoping this little gizmo will reduce that pressure. Especially on long rides.

Comment

Posplayer gets my vote for "Inventor of the Year"
                          Thanks Tom,
                          As you know I had put the mod on my GS750 and liked it but was hesitant on the 1100 especially after the 1168 kit. Well as far as ergonomics, I could hardly feel it was there, it just took less wrap to get to WOT. Pulled an accidental wheelie as well

I will see if I can whip out some more before the trip.

Comment

Umm... yeah definitely doing this when I swap handlebars, my commute on the highway in the morning will be so much more fun. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Anyone tried it on the dual cable throttle for the VM's yet?

I'm going to do this one on the 750 when I get to that stage.....

Dan
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Now I spend most of my time at between 1/8 to 1/4 throttle sometimes half or a little more if I want to play, but why do you need to roll on faster, I would find the around town slow speed stuff hard to manage.

Comment

Working...
                                X