$1 Quick Turn Throttle Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clone View Post
    Now I spend most of my time at between 1/8 to 1/4 throttle sometimes half or a little more if I want to play, but why do you need to roll on faster, I would find the around town slow speed stuff hard to manage.
    It just takes away that last 1/4 turn so you don't have to readjust your wrist for WOT.
    It's not that radical at all.
    I like it cause I do WOT at times for sh!ts and giggles.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      Anyone tried it on the dual cable throttle for the VM's yet?

I'm going to do this one on the 750 when I get to that stage.....

Dan
      Not sure if it will work on the push-pull throttle. I'd give it a try on the red hotrod if I had another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
        Not sure if it will work on the push-pull throttle. I'd give it a try on the red hotrod if I had another one.
        I'm bringing a box to Shasta. If I don't have enough we'll arm wrestle for them.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Dan
          I'll let you know how it turns out, I'm gonna snag a piece of PVC from work and do this when i put on new bars and grips. I'll let you know if you need to make any big adjustments.

Comment

Dan
            Yes I did it on mine and I do like it! I did have to 'clearance" the bosses inside the housing just a bit. But I'd still like to have just a bit less throttle spring pull...but I'll live with it-for now

Comment

You and me both... maybe I'll do it on mine when I change my bars over then.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
                Yes I did it on mine and I do like it! I did have to 'clearance" the bosses inside the housing just a bit. But I'd still like to have just a bit less throttle spring pull...but I'll live with it-for now
                Glad to hear that it works... I'll post a full write up with pictures when I put my bars on, they came yesterday...

Comment

Did this on my '80 1100ET and it helped a lot at the drag strip. Good idea!

Comment

Just got back from Home Depot and did this tonight. It took me longer to cut the damned 10mm section of pipe than it took to do the entire installation. After a slight cable adjustment and a quick run around the block, I like it - it's a heck of a lot easier on the wrist to accelerate hard, that's for sure. The return spring does pull a lot harder, but I expected that. Time will tell if it's pulling hard enough to be a nuisance, but I don't think it will.

Of course, now I have almost 2 ft of pipe sitting on my workbench, so if any of you guys want one shoot me a PM, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by D-VO View Post
                      Glad to hear that it works... I'll post a full write up with pictures when I put my bars on, they came yesterday...
                      Oh yeah, I was supposed to do that huh... turns out I broke the damn throttle tube in the process and bought an R1 tube. Same effect, just cost me $10. 5 star mod though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
                        Depends which model ZX-6 and if the rider has any skill. Mostly if the rider has any skill.

Mark
                        they wont need much skill all the new 600's are fast

Comment

Nice..

Hey peoples I know this thread is over year old but just an update here.. I did what somebody mentioned and all I have to say is.. NICE.

I sanded my ring down at an angle so that the push cable was not pulled as far to see how it would go.. my throttle opens with one big wirst-full and snaps back closed faster than it did before.

$2.67 for 5' of pipe.. thats all they had.

Good call there to the OP and thanks for saving me a bunch of money.. oh

I put 2 drops of super glue on the back and spread them out with a q-tip just because I wanted it in that exact position.

Comment

Awesome! This will solve my issue with having to adjust my hand between crawling through city riding and 3/4 throttle acceleration. It's no fun having to let go and re-grab your throttle

Comment

Just finished this mod. I used the connecting end of an elbow that was laying around the garage. Took a rasp and file to it, rounded out the end and gave it a slight taper. Took about 20 minutes, and that's because i cut the first instance too short.

Comment

Originally posted by 79FiveFifty View Post
                                Hey peoples I know this thread is over year old but just an update here.. I did what somebody mentioned and all I have to say is.. NICE.

I sanded my ring down at an angle so that the push cable was not pulled as far to see how it would go.. my throttle opens with one big wirst-full and snaps back closed faster than it did before.

$2.67 for 5' of pipe.. thats all they had.

Good call there to the OP and thanks for saving me a bunch of money.. oh

I put 2 drops of super glue on the back and spread them out with a q-tip just because I wanted it in that exact position.

too bad all the pics disappeared. this would be good for a write up/ tutorial.
                                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                                80 gs1000s

Comment

Working...
                                X