A special thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A special thanks!

We did it. We saved Renobruce's bike from being sold on Ebay.

Well, as promised there are some special folks that deserve an extra special thanks. I don't want to embarrass anyone, but I think it needs to be known.

First, I want to thank the people that really dug deep to contribute.
    Some of the folks that gave were unemployed, some are on a fixed income, and some were from a far away country. Some even chose to remain anonymous.
    The fact that they still wanted see that bike stay with it's rightful owner speaks volumes about their character.

Thank you.

There are also two people that went the extra mile and did what it took to put us over the top.
    Truth be told, we hit a wall right above the $3,000.00 mark.
    When I started this, these two gentleman contacted me and told me that they would cover the balance if we fell short of the goal. Man did they ever deliver.

Saltymonk (Dan) and TomMLC (Tom) gave $1,000.00 each to get put us past $5,000.00.
    How incredible is that?

Thank you!

This message is for Renobruce:
    I know this doesn't make everything perfect but I hope this is the start of things getting better for you.
    Just think, no matter how bad things get, all you have to do is go to the garage and look at that bike. You'll think of everyone here and I'm sure it'll make you smile.

Btw, If you attempt to sell that bike again, Dan and Tom have promised everyone at The GS Resources that they will personally come by and break both your kneecaps. Consider yourself warned.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM.

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post

Well, as promised there are some special folks that deserve an extra special thanks. I don't want to embarrass anyone, but I think it needs to be known.

Some of the folks that gave were unemployed, some are on a fixed income, and some were from a far away country. Some even chose to remain anonymous.
    The fact that they still wanted see that bike stay with it's rightful owner speaks volumes about their character.

Thank you.

There are also two people that went the extra mile and did what it took to put us over the top.
    When I started this, these two gentleman contacted me and told me that they would cover the balance if we fell short of the goal. Man did they ever deliver.

Saltymonk (Dan) and TomMLC (Tom) gave $1,000.00 each to get put us past $5,000.00.
    How incredible is that?

Thank you!

I know this doesn't make everything perfect but I hope this is the start of things getting better for you.
    Just think, no matter how bad things get, all you have to do is go to the garage and look at that bike. You'll think of everyone here and I'm sure it'll make you smile.

Btw, If you attempt to sell that bike again, Dan and Tom have promised everyone at The GS Resources that they will personally come by and break both your kneecaps. Consider yourself warned.

Well, You didn't expect happily ever after did Ya!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thank you.

How incredible is that?

Thank you!

I suppose it's just as well ... he wouldn't be able to ride anyway with two broken kneecaps, hehe!!

Regards,

Comment

Thank you.

How incredible is that?

Thank you!

This whole experience has just been so humbling for me. I have been on an emotional roller coaster ride. I know it's a cliché, but I really can't put my feelings into words. I have never had such an outpouring of true concern and compassion for me. Never. And most of you have never even met me... only read my words on this forum. But to step up like you all did really speaks volumes of the kind of people you all are. My faith in mankind can't help but be raised several notches. The week prior to all of this, I had just been screwed and deceived. And then I was faced with having to sell the only material possession I have that I care about. I was crushed and bitter. And then out of the blue, along comes the great people of the GSR. I am so grateful for what you all did. I can't thank you all enough. I do hope you know that if given the opportunity, I would do the same for you all. I truly believe that what comes around goes around.

I'm still facing some tough times ahead, but I'll get by. I'll come out of this leaner (literally) and meaner. Everything will work out for me and my family, greatly because of all of your help and generosity.

And even though that beautiful 1150 remains in my care, she belongs to all of you now.

God Bless you all.

Bruce
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I feel I should clarify a little here... Bruce & I were talking before the poll went up.

I had the idea to buy his bike (or a proportion of it) as an extended interest free loan with the bike as security (to be stored at his place obviously & with no title transfer just a simple contract).
          To be honest I didn't know if his pride would let him go for it, I was even a little afraid I may offend.
          When the Poll started & people started kicking in then I thought it was great & didn't want to interfere.
          I did however tell Bruce to pull his advert & that I would cover the shortfall under the same deal we discussed.
          Some of the money I sent (& I will send more if necessary) was sent as part of that same deal. Some was sent under the same guise as everyone else.

Then I heard from Tom who was also preparing himself to help.
          Tom has his own thing going on, I don't profess to know the ins & outs of it or if he will post it here.

I have only posted this as Jeff makes me sound a bit too good! I'm certainly not an angel! I really didn't want any kind of fame or recognition or anything else & have PM'd Jeff but I'm in a different timezone & I know lots of people will have seen this already.

The main thing though is Bruce is a great guy with a great family & I know he will surely appreciate all of it. (edit: he beat me to the post button with his post above)

They made me very welcome at their place 2 years in a row for the rally & I just know that Bruce is the kind of guy that would help me out, lend me a bike to ride for a day if needed, that kind of thing.

The bike is where it belongs
          Last edited by salty_monk; 01-17-2009, 03:44 AM.
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Don't sell yourself short, Dan! You had an honorable idea and the cash to back it up, and if the rest of us hadn't stepped up to the plate I have no doubt that you would have moved forward in order to help Bruce hang on to the bike in some way shape or form, even if the ultimate deal included perks for you in return ... I have no doubt that in Bruce's eyes ANY arrangement made in good faith to save him from having to part ways with his baby would have been looked upon as a G-dsend.

I personally believe that Jeff has rightfully given credit where credit is due, and I offer both you and Tom kudos for going way beyond the call and making our collective efforts the success it has been!

...and Bruce, you're not the only one that feels humbled by the outpouring of friendship and support. Times are very tough for a lot of people right now, and for something like this to happen truly restores one's faith in his fellow man. We all feel for you, brother, and it feels REALLY good to know that we had a chance to successfully help out one of our own!

From now on when we hear about the exploits of the 1150 and its proud owner we'll feel the pride in knowing that we helped make those future memories happen and kept that bike where it rightfully belongs ... and we'll be riding along with you from now on, even if we don't make the western rally! Go for a ride and watch me add Nevada to the list of states I've "ridden" in, Buddy! (Now I have to go and add that map to my signature, hehe!)

Best Regards, Bruce!
            Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Bruce, I am so relieved for you & want to thank EVERYONE on this site that donated to help you. There are some VERY special people in this "family" & I am glad to be here & know some of you. Thanks to all of you from another that has the same blue & white 1150E as Bruce & can't even begin to imagine having to part with it! Ray.

Comment

This is a wonderful community. Thank you all for letting me be a part of it.

Mr. renobruce, I wish you and yours all the best. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. You are loved.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Perhaps overlooked in all this

is "Dallas Reagh AKA Grand Rouge" who to my knowledge was the instigator of the idea and first offerer to put up any dough.

I think Dallas is a real straight up guy that kinda "came out of the woodwork" when there was a need and put forth this idea.

Not to take anything away from 8track who took the ball (organization)and ran with it; Dallas you should be commended for the thoughtfulness, and boldness to put forth the idea and stand behind it.

Pos (Jim)

P.S. i hand my doubts about raising $6000 ; proved me wrong

I Propose a.......Bailout

Hi Bruce.................You are one of the many many good guys here. I know about deals heading south too...and I have also known / used ...........bridge financing..

My fellow GS family......I am not well known here..................But Reno Bruce is........a man of goodness and integrity. Without wanting to cause any harm or complicate things here...............I am proposing a Bail Out Fund..................I will gladly donate a hundred dollars to said fund.....lets raise the six thousand or so dollars re the EBAY "buy it now" price and keep this fine GS 1150 and Reno Bruce together. I believe, without a shadow of doubt, that matters of finance will turn around for the better. If we as taxpayers can (willingly or not) bail out evil profiteering scoundrels and otherwise greedy financial corporations..............why don't we, as a GS Family...........do something for someone who has never asked us for any thing.but has given and shared much.........heck could 60 of us donate a hundred dollars or could more of us donate..........something less.........and fund our own GS Financial Resource....I am merely thinking out loud here.................I do know.........what good goes around, comes back around a hundred fold. And I figure Bruce will re plenish our fund when able.

And, if I am out of line here...............I do apologize.

Dallas Reagh AKA Grand Rouge...my nearly perfect and stock 1983 GS1100E suggested I propose the above.

Comment

aaaawwww you guys. I'm getting a little choked here (truly).

What a fantastic place this is.

Comment

Wow

There was never a doubt, Im sure like many of you I was ready to click and send again to make this happen. Saving GS's is what we all do here!!

Good Luck Bruce and God Bless!! now maybe I'll get to see that gem in person!!

Joe

Comment

so wait.. I didn't just buy that 1150 with my whole $30 I sent??? DAMNIT!! lmao jk I'm glad that we were able to step in and help in a time like this. It's a shame to even think about parting with something like that bike when it is a collector's item like it is, and means even more to you in sentimental value! I hope you're able to hold onto that bike forever.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                          I feel I should clarify a little here...

Then I heard from Tom who was also preparing himself to help.
                          Tom has his own thing going on, I don't profess to know the ins & outs of it or if he will post it here.

I have only posted this as Jeff makes me sound a bit too good! I'm certainly not an angel!
                          I feel I should clarify a little here...

I AM an angel!

Comment

Now that the famous mountain pic of Bruce's bike is even more famous I say let's make it permanent fixture on the GSr home page. Dan
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Agreed Dan!

Comment

Working...
                              X