Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A special thanks!

Default Wow

There was never a doubt, Im sure like many of you I was ready to click and send again to make this happen. Saving GS's is what we all do here!!

Good Luck Bruce and God Bless!! now maybe I'll get to see that gem in person!!

Joe
    83 GS1100ES

mighty13d Guest

so wait.. I didn't just buy that 1150 with my whole $30 I sent??? DAMNIT!! lmao jk I'm glad that we were able to step in and help in a time like this. It's a shame to even think about parting with something like that bike when it is a collector's item like it is, and means even more to you in sentimental value! I hope you're able to hold onto that bike forever.

Tom MLC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by salty_monk View Post
    I feel I should clarify a little here...

Then I heard from Tom who was also preparing himself to help.
    Tom has his own thing going on, I don't profess to know the ins & outs of it or if he will post it here.

I have only posted this as Jeff makes me sound a bit too good! I'm certainly not an angel!
    I feel I should clarify a little here...

I AM an angel!

Dan Ruddock Guest

Now that the famous mountain pic of Bruce's bike is even more famous I say let's make it permanent fixture on the GSr home page. Dan
    Last edited by Dan Ruddock; 01-17-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Agreed Dan!
    83 GS1100ES

Tom MLC Guest

Seriously folks, my motivation was to simply help out my best friend. No applause or pat on the back for me. It was always about Bruce & the bike. And let's no forget about the pitcrew behind him. Most of you don't know his family. Beth is a sweetheart who always takes good care of me (us) whenever the Rally hounds invade her house. Tara & Josh are their two great kids. I know I always have a place to stay whenever I'm in town.

But enough about Bruce. What about that 1150 makes it so special? Well the fact that she's a one-owner machine is kinda neat. The fact that Bruce bought her & left her in the crate for 14 years is amazing! But here's a little tidbit that you may not now. This bike...this bone stock, old skool, barely broke-in little garage queen...beat the CR@P out of a modified V-rod on the dyno drags! Yes, watch the video.

Y'know, Bruce said at the 1st Western States Rally that he always wanted a garage full of Suzuki's. I'm glad that his 1150 will always be in that corral.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ruddock View Post
    Now that the famous mountain pic of Bruce's bike is even more famous I say let's make it permanent fixture on the GSr home page. Dan
    I'd second that motion. And kudos to everyone for their contributions !!

Hey Bruce, how about a picture or two, as she looks right now. Just walk to the garage and snap a couple for us. I'm sure everyone would like to see it !
    Larry D
    1984 GS1100GK
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

rustybronco is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

***Caution Karma to follow***

my rescued Golden died 12-23-08 and I had been looking for a adult/senior rescue at various pounds and on petfinder since the first of the year, to fill what has been missing in my life since Buffett died.

I had received a $200 bonus through work that I put aside for my "new dog fund", when the idea came about to help a forum member keep his 1150.
    so I took $25 dollars from that fund and gave it to Bruce to help him with the trouble he was having.

yesterday I loaded up my car with my two other dogs, and the wife and I went to the pound in Lapeer for a look-see for what they may have to adopt. They had a nice young black lab that tugged on my wife's heart strings, but it was not the Golden I had been seeking. I stopped by work to pick up some parts my cousin had ordered to fix a car with and continued on home. when I got home I sat down on the porch for a smoke and picked up the news paper and flipped to the animals for sale section ( before today, I never had looked in the paper). low and behold there were Golden puppies for sale... the price... $200 dollars! (no papers, a long story in itself)

The wife and I had to do some shopping in a little while, so she called them and inquired if they had any males left. Sherri, the owner of dogs, said she had five of them still. so we got in the car and drove about 3-4 miles to see the puppy's. to make a long story short, while I was trying to figure out if we wanted one of them, one came over and sat down on my feet (just like my golden did) the others just wanted to play with my socks or my pants, but this one just wanted to be by me. (someone keeps telling me a dog finds you, you don't find them), I had been looking for a darker Golden and this puppy was one of two darker colored ones out of the eight puppies she had.

what could I say, I gave them a deposit and I will be picking up my new puppy next Friday...

For this Bruce, I thank you.
    and my new puppy "Morgan" thanks you as well...

Dale
    Last edited by rustybronco; 01-18-2009 at 09:52 AM.

KEITH KRAUSE is offline Forum Guru Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Angeles Forest, So.Calif./Hurricane, Utah.

Wow! I haven't had much time to visit the GSR lately so I missed the whole situation.
    Makes me proud to read how the folks here came through. You're the best! Good things will come back to every one of you.
    I can't imagine having to sell my bike. Mine's almost 30 years old now. To not have it in my life.....well, I couldn't put that in words.
    You guys have done such a great thing, keeping Bruce and his bike together!!
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Planecrazy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    (someone keeps telling me a dog finds you, you don't find them)
    It's true, Dale! The best dog I've ever had (and I've had a few good ones) adopted me in a park one day when I had no plans whatsoever to get a dog. I went over with some friends to see a litter of puppies playing in the park, and one puppy in particular came over to me and informed me that I was going to take him home, hehe! He was an extraordinary "best friend" and we had a fifteen year relationship before I lost him 6 1/2 years ago.

My "new" dog is very sweet, but she doesn't begin to compare. It's interesting to note that she was chosen for me. That will NEVER happen again - I will never have another dog that doesn't mutually choose me.

Enjoy your new friend - it would seem the relationship has already begun!

Regards,