GSXR motor to GS1000 frame question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR motor to GS1000 frame question

I have a quick question I recently found a 1992 GSXR 1100 motor that has thousands of dollars
    Worth of work done to it was used in one of the Roundy round race cars from what I was told some of the rules in that type of racing has changed and they have to use stock motors now and I can buy it CHEEP
    ( I can hear it run and do a compression test ect . ) I was wondering If I could stuff that motor into a 78 or 79 GS1000 frame without major modifications
    Thanks Anthony

you need to measure the total height of your GSXR engine

the back bone may need to be adjusted.

sorry maybe you should define major modifications because it is not going to slip right in.

there is going to be cutting and special mount plates fabrication. sprocket alignment is the next hurdle. exhaust will be a problem as well.
    Last edited by trippivot; 02-18-2009, 10:53 AM.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Actually, with the motor mount plate patterns available at OLDSKOOLSUZUKI.COM the GSXR motor IS a bolt in. No height or exhaust issues either. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
        I have a quick question I recently found a 1992 GSXR 1100 motor that has thousands of dollars
        Worth of work done to it was used in one of the Roundy round race cars from what I was told some of the rules in that type of racing has changed and they have to use stock motors now and I can buy it CHEEP
        ( I can hear it run and do a compression test ect . ) I was wondering If I could stuff that motor into a 78 or 79 GS1000 frame without major modifications
        Thanks Anthony
        Why would you want to?

Comment

Thanks Anthony
          Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Actually, with the motor mount plate patterns available at OLDSKOOLSUZUKI.COM the GSXR motor IS a bolt in. No height or exhaust issues either. Ray.
          From what ^ this guy said I would get it how much and how many miles
          and you have to think about how its been beaten on.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki mad View Post
            Why would you want to?
            Anthony has a surplus of GS1000s. He can mod one for every occasion.

Hey Anthony, how about updating your signature so we can see how many you have?
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

GS for everybody

I have been good this winter and have only been
              Concentrating on my drag project. I came across a couple more GS models
              This winter another 1100 & 1150 but not ready to show them off quite yet .
              I have all the parts to Get the gs1000’s finished but it also is on the back burner.
              The GSXR Motor has been hammered on for sure, but it would be a hell of a back up
              motor for my drag bike everything that can be done to this motor has been done
              Recipes for over 5 grand from head to pan . How does $500.00 dollars sound
              Ya it caught my attention too !! There is 500 in dyna parts alone so if it needs Rings and a valve job (i will be sure to find out with a compression and leak down test first )I think it would be a great deal as long as it would fit

Comment

I have been good this winter and have only been
                Concentrating on my drag project. I came across a couple more GS models
                This winter another 1100 & 1150 but not ready to show them off quite yet .
                I have all the parts to Get the gs1000’s finished but it also is on the back burner.
                The GSXR Motor has been hammered on for sure, but it would be a hell of a back up
                motor for my drag bike everything that can be done to this motor has been done
                Recipes for over 5 grand from head to pan . How does $500.00 dollars sound
                Ya it caught my attention too !! There is 500 in dyna parts alone so if it needs Rings and a valve job (i will be sure to find out with a compression and leak down test first )I think it would be a great deal as long as it would fit
                F man snatch that thing up

Comment

Is there also a pattern for a gs 11 e gsxr swap

Comment

what kinda job is it to put a gsxr head ( around 1988 ) on a gs1100e? cant seem to get straight answers on yes it works good or not? any help ?

Comment

I am currently doing a similar project. I am installing a gsxr oil motor in a 82 gs750e the rear mounts line right up although its narrower than the gs some spacers take care of that. The front however required making new brackets between frame and motor and some spacers. There's plenty of room it actually went in easily. Easier than the old gs
                      sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                      1994 gsxr1100w
                      1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Working...
                      X