High Accuracy Degree Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    No, explain it again please? My comprehension is not very good.
    Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    If I said you can degree a set of cams as accurately with an 9" degree wheel using the razor as you can with an 18" wheel using a piece of wire would you believe that?

Of course then the subject leads to why do I need to degree a a cam with 9" or 18" degree wheel at all? To which I say is not the subject. But if you don't care , can't tell or don't know, then you are wasting your time degreeing cams in the first place.

Is that plain enough?
    If I said you can degree a set of cams as accurately with an 9" degree wheel using the razor as you can with an 18" wheel using a piece of wire would you believe that?

Of course then the subject leads to why do I need to degree a a cam with 9" or 18" degree wheel at all? To which I say is not the subject. But if you don't care , can't tell or don't know, then you are wasting your time degreeing cams in the first place.

Is that plain enough?

Is that plain enough?
    3 times is a charm

Comment

Can't count that high, sorry.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It is simple: Count to three

Count_to_Three.png

Comment

You guys are going to ruin Disclosure's experiment!
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Here is a novel idea. Use a 9 inch degree wheel, a wire pointer and BIFOCALS...
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Here are some remarks by Rapid Ray boasting about his 18" degree wheel with 1/4" between marks. We can only assume it makes a difference lest he would not be so proud of it.
              Rusty,
              The referenced post by Ray reinforces the point of the thread, despite his own denigrating postings in this thread. If the truth is derogatory towards Ray then that is not my fault. There are people interested in cams and degreeing of same which is why I researched this thread.

You might also consider where this thread is posted and the fact that it was started in 2009 is kind of irrelevant to the discussion. It is a sticky for a reason, and complementing the information rather than detracting from it would probably be more in line with forum policies don't you think?
              Complementing the thread is one thing even after seven years. Having to add an unnecessary snide comment to your posting is an entirely different matter.
              Last edited by rustybronco; 02-01-2016, 09:09 AM.
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Thanks Rusty, I don't know what's up Jim's butt, except maybe his head.
                Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                  Thanks Rusty, I don't know what's up Jim's butt, except maybe his head.
                  Ray.
                  Welcome back Ray. You are still in your usual form.

Comment

No problem! Glad you are still alive!! How is Arizona these days?
                    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                      No problem! Glad you are still alive!! How is Arizona these days?
                      Ray.
                      I don't know; it runs Hot and Cold.

I have been back to SB a few times to see the GF.

Comment

Working...
                      X