gs1000 hydraulic clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    How about a rear master cylinder along with a bellcrank of some sort to convert the pushrod into a pulling device to replace the cable?
    good point, i have looked into that as well but its how to mount it on the crankcases. i got a local supplier from work looking into a hydraulic cylinder that will screw into the origonal threads of the clutch cable
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

If you turn the actuator arm arount, then it will need to be pushed instead of pulled.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        If you turn the actuator arm arount, then it will need to be pushed instead of pulled.
        true but you need to mount a cylinder to push it, which is tricky
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

Loved the hydraulic clutch on my Big Bandito, so this is something that I have been thinking about. It's been two years since the last post on this thread. Have any of you guys who posted on this thread back then had any luck with making this mod? Or did it prove too difficult and was abandoned because it presented too many technical problems to overcome at a cost effective price?

Comment

more trouble than its worth, so i just went for the window clutch cover instead
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              more trouble than its worth, so i just went for the window clutch cover instead
              That's kind of what I figured since the thread just died out without a triumphant post of sucess. Curious about the "window clutch cover" though - what is that??

Comment

youve never seen a window clutch?
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

I have a spare clutch M/C if someone Stateside is interested in doing this.
                  I am not myself.

Daniel

Comment

Slave ??

Is this what WE all need? It's a Pull type slve and from my calculations, is perfect and gives the correct leverage with the stock length lever on the clutch cover. I think to mount it to the left side upper motor mount plate and pull across the engine. Thoughts?
                    G
                    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Working...
                    X