Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: gs1000 hydraulic clutch

doctorgonzo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    There are lots of modern/current bikes running cable clutch actuation. Not saying hydraulic is bad, just different. Personally, I don't see the point of adding complexity on a 30 year old motorcycle.
    I'd never even seen a hydraulic clutch til I started tearing the RF900 apart and thought "What the F is this other master cylinder for?". When I saw where the line ended I figured it out.

im still working on it. got a few things planned out. looking for a suitable slave cylinder. the tl1000s looks favourite so far
    1978 GS1085.

Nessism is online now Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

yeah seen that but it wont work on a GS. it has to work from the g/box sprocket side. so it pushes the pressure plate off. need to get a pushrod made up
    1978 GS1085.

Nessism is online now Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

How about a rear master cylinder along with a bellcrank of some sort to convert the pushrod into a pulling device to replace the cable?

How about a rear master cylinder along with a bellcrank of some sort to convert the pushrod into a pulling device to replace the cable?
    good point, i have looked into that as well but its how to mount it on the crankcases. i got a local supplier from work looking into a hydraulic cylinder that will screw into the origonal threads of the clutch cable
    1978 GS1085.

If you turn the actuator arm arount, then it will need to be pushed instead of pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by rphillips View Post
    If you turn the actuator arm arount, then it will need to be pushed instead of pulled.
    true but you need to mount a cylinder to push it, which is tricky
    1978 GS1085.

Homie Guest

Loved the hydraulic clutch on my Big Bandito, so this is something that I have been thinking about. It's been two years since the last post on this thread. Have any of you guys who posted on this thread back then had any luck with making this mod? Or did it prove too difficult and was abandoned because it presented too many technical problems to overcome at a cost effective price?

more trouble than its worth, so i just went for the window clutch cover instead
    1978 GS1085.