carb dip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb dip question

Im getting ready to dip my carbs and i heard berrymans works really good. At the local napa i found b-12 fuel treatment, which says cleans carbs. My question is since it doesnt say carb dip on it can i use it to dip them and how long should they sit in it. If not i could only get a gallon of gunk carb dip, not sure how good it works though.

Originally posted by gsx1100 View Post
    Im getting ready to dip my carbs and i heard berrymans works really good. At the local napa i found b-12 fuel treatment, which says cleans carbs. My question is since it doesnt say carb dip on it can i use it to dip them and how long should they sit in it. If not i could only get a gallon of gunk carb dip, not sure how good it works though.

If you have an Orielly's auto parts near you, they stock Berrymans carb dip. It is nice because it comes with a fine mesh stainless steel basket for putting all of your parts in, including the smallest screws. I used it for cleaning my VN29's and it worked beautifully.

Comment

I thought B-12 was berrymans.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        I think he's talking about the stuff you dump in the gas tank.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by gsx1100 View Post
          ... i could only get a gallon of gunk carb dip, not sure how good it works though.
          If you can find Gunk brand, go ahead and use it. I have used both and can find no difference in performance.

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Yes, B-12 is a Berryman product, but so are many others.
          That's like hearing everybody say that you need a Chevy, but all you can find is a Camaro.

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          I think he's talking about the stuff you dump in the gas tank.
          B-12 is a gasoline additive that claims to clean the system. Chevron's Techron is another. Marvel Mystery Oil is another. STP is another. You get the picture.
          What you are looking for is Berryman's B-9 Carb Cleaner Dip in a gallon-size can (that has about 3 quarts of fluid in it).

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Fyi

They no longer come with a steel basket. Plastic But still small nuf holes to put tiny parts in Just in case a newbie finds this thread and wonders if they got the right stuff.

Comment

I used the Gunk, it worked great. Comes with the metal basket. Not quite a gallon though, but it held 2 naked carb bodies, which cut down on time spent stinking up the kitchen

Comment

Working...
              X