GS1100E Cafe fairing installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
    I purchased another Wes Cooley fairing from "Dude", I haven't bought the actual windscreen yet. The new fairing is for the other '82 1100EZ that I'm slowly (very slowly) building.

This time, I'm gonna stand it off just a little further from the headlight than I did on the red one in the photos.

It's probably gonna take a little longer now so I can get my nerve back with motorcycles again after my accident.
    Does "Dude" have a website?

Comment

Originally posted by Airstream View Post
      posplayr

Do you have a larger pic of your bike? I am curious as to what the Maier looks like. Can't really tell from the pic in your avatar.
      Here is a link to a slide show on how I cut the light opening to fit the Trainlight. The Red fairing was damaged in a wreck so I'm doing it all again.
      I use RED Duct tape position the cardboard circile. The cutout to the size of the actual headlamp lens size, I then mask off the circile off (on the outside) with blue masking tape to get a round opening on the no so flat surface. I finally cut the opening with the dremel tool.

Maier Slideshow

1983 Red GS1100ED GS1100ED Restore 1st GEN GSXR Conv FINISHED PRODUCT

GS1100ED Slideshow

Last edited by posplayr; 03-31-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
        Does "Dude" have a website?
        No, but I can post his email address if you wish.

I found him on eBay, he sells by nationals fiberglass you can even put nationals fiberglass into the search on eBay and it will take you to him. He's a really good guy to deal with.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

came out really good

looking to make one myself

Comment

Working...
          X