Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flyscreen for GS1100

Hi all!
    I'm currently looking for a flyscreen (not windscreen) in dark tint for the -82 GS1100.
    I'm thinking a max height of approx 14-16" above headlight.
    So far the best I've found is the National Cycle screen, but this has a b** ugly chrome strip across it (National).
    Does anybody else have a suggestion?

Great ride to you all!
    -blo

This might be a little taller than what you're looking for, but this is what I put on my GS1000.
    Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Try the Spitfire from Slipstreamer. They say that it's only for 7" headlights, but you can make it work with the 8".

Slipstreamer is a leading windscreen installation for powersports and police & military face shield supplier. Contact us for quick quotes.
      JP
      1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
      1992 Concours
      2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
      2007 FJR

Comment

Thank you all

Sandy: Saw your post while searching this issue. I love the GIVI screen, but is afraid it will come up to high. Maybe I can cut it down to size? I did this with another screen once, and it turned out alright.

jpaul: Slipstreamer was the best option I could find at Dennis Kirk, definitely a contender.

The Kaw Zephyr has a screen that looks very nice, maybe I can get it to fit? Will be problems with the headlight though.

Still looking
        -blo

Comment

The Buel Cyclone blade looks cool and fits the criteria (cept it's solid colour)

Originally posted by blo View Post
          Hi all!
          I'm currently looking for a flyscreen (not windscreen) in dark tint for the -82 GS1100.
          I'm thinking a max height of approx 14-16" above headlight.
          So far the best I've found is the National Cycle screen, but this has a b** ugly chrome strip across it (National).
          Does anybody else have a suggestion?

Great ride to you all!
          -blo

Comment

Again, might be taller than you are looking for, and not available in a dark tint, the National Cycle Deflector series.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I currently have a Vetter Quicksilver fairing on the bike (GS850G), which I am getting ready to restore, but I previosly had a Spitfire in smoke which I really like and will use in place of my Quicksilver.
              The bottom line is the Spitfire helps a little when it comes to deflecting bugs and also taking the wind pressure off your head and chest while on the highway. Helps with helmet buffeting alot if you adjust the angle.

See Basscliff's Jessie, he has his adjusted for max buffeting help.
              GS Score Card
              4-400 Series GS's
              3-500 Series
              1-600 Series
              1-700 Series
              4-800 Series
              1-1000 Series
              2-1100 series 1982 GS1100G In stable now
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X