I rebuild carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rebuild carbs

I rebuild carbs and get stubborn idle mixture screws out. I specialize in CV carbs.
    Job entails:
    1. Split rack, disassemble and dip each carb body
    2. Install new o-rings purchased by owner from Robert Barr http://www.cycleorings.com/
    3. Reassemble, set float height and bench sync

I also install Dynojet kits as long as the owner informs me of mods.
    If any parts need to be replaced I do have a large inventory of parts.
    If I am sent a broken carb body it will be replaced at your cost.
    I will inform owner of any need for replacement parts before proceeding.
    I do not detail carbs. I only rebuild them. If you want detailing done contact renobruce.

I have rebuilt many carbs for GSR members.

I also have inventory of GS1100 and GS750 parts for sale.
    A small list includes
    1100 and 1150 pistons
    1100, 750 and 1150 swingarm
    Rotors/Rims/fenders
    After 80 Self-cancel turn signal box
    etc....
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Little bump back to top...

Bill's a good guy that does good work. He's rebuilt enough GS carbs to do the job in his sleep so he knows all the little tricks. He won't rip you off either. Before you take your carbs to some unknown local shop that may not know what they are doing, ping Bill and find out if he can help you.

Ed
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Bill is my Carb Guy; Nuff said

Comment

Thanks to some quality work and a very reasonable amount of time to rebuild them and send them back ~ here's another bump.

Serious guys, if you want them done right by a guy that knows how to rebuild and set up GS carbs, look no farther, Bill knows his stuff!

Now I just need to get use to a set of carbs that actually work!

Comment

Forgot that a moderator had to approve a post in this section so I accidentally double posted. But that's fine ~ Bill did such a good job that he deserves a double shout out!
          Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM. Reason: Just giving Bill some well earned credit.

Comment

Thank you!
            I'm still in business for the new riding season!
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Nice job on my carbs. The bench synch was so close that I barely had to adjust them. I'm certain that I would have broken them before I had them fully dismantled.

Off idle and mid range power is right where it should be.I have got a lot of these carbs to work, but I couldn't get these.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Just had my carbs rebuilt by Chef. Fast service, great communications and fast shipping back. The stock carbs had an unknown history and Bill did a great job at identifying any issues and bringing them up to snuff. He even upgraded them with larger main jets and raised the needles to accommodate the V&H exhaust and K&N stock airbox filter I have on my 850. Carbs went right on and fired up right out of the box. Bench synch was so close that I almost didn't need to adjust anything. Thanks for a great job.

JT

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Excellent!

Had my carbs done by chef...Fast turn around awesome price.
                  Got them on today and the bike fired right up! Sounds great and much better response.
                  Highly recommend this gentleman's service!

Comment

Still in business?
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Yes
                      PM me the details

Comment

Looking at getting a set of carbs cleaned and rebuilt. Tried to PM you but your box is full. Carbs are from a 77 gs550 (VM22ss) You can PM me or reach me via email at Dphillips030@gmail.com. Thanks

Comment

I now have an Ultrasonic cleaner.

Comment

I'm still going if anyone needs this service.

Comment

Just got my carbs back thank you very much they run fantastic you rebuilt them and replaced damaged carbs for a much much better price than the local shops around here.

thank you again I will recommend friends to you

Comment

Working...
                              X