so today i added an Oil Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Running the lines around the engine from the side make the runs shorter and straighter, plus there are less things in the way (carbs, gas tank, harness, etc.). I don't think it looks quite as clean routing the hoses around the engine but it does make sense from a technical standpoint.

Ed as I previously mentioned I was talking only about 16V bikes, as the my comment doesn't apply to 8V bikes; there is not much alternative. I'm not sure how running lines to the side can be shorter than a straight drop down to the 16V banjo ports. I atatched one of the example pics from Katman's website. I really like the way that bike looks.

I dont think these runs are shorter than dropping straight down to banjos. I guess someone might get the idea that there is less pressure drop because the oil is not being pumped up to the cooler, but instead is running horizontally?

As you know what is involved doing the rear oil cover adapter to integrate a cooler, the coil switch and oil temperature guage further complicate the issue. Couple that with a top end oiler and the rear adapter would be getting cluttered at best.

Anyway, I have always found it intesting but was neevr sure what the erason was for doing such on a 16V 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
      I resemble that remark !

pontiacstogo: Now that looks Kleen. I see you have some high value items on your Kat. The thermostat and fitting contrast nicely with the red Katana badge .
      Not to hijack the thread too much; is that a GS Hindle or adapted GSXR? If GSXR what year?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderman View Post
        all my fittings and lines are Goodridge that i got from my local automotive speed shop one of the guys came out and said to me
        hey i used to have one of those when they came out but it wasn't modified at all not like yours is man that thing is nice
        made me feel proud to own it and that all the work i put in this summer was well worth it
        You can have almost as much fun working on them as ridding them. It is also nice when people admire and appreciate your work.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Not to hijack the thread too much; is that a GS Hindle or adapted GSXR? If GSXR what year?
          It's a GS system - bought it from a member here.

Comment

You guys know the standard fitting/hose size on the lockhart cooler? I need to replace the ****ty hose clamps for a nicer connector from AN PLUMBING.

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01 View Post
              I can get pics for you if you like. Line length was about 3ft per line (return and feed). I had this setup installed when I rode it to Cassville, MO for the first GSR rally.
              If you could put up some pics that would be great. I have all the parts I need to mount my oil cooler and have been going back and forth on which way to run the lines. Thanks.
              80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Working...
              X