No announcement yet.

It lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unveiling the new sh!tbag L with the black motor and aluminum side covers. Runs like a top.
    The clutch rattled like hell at low RPMS so I took a looksy.
    Had a Barnett clutch in and the basket had a 1 inch wobble because the nut was loose. The PO didn't even bend over the lock washer. Two fibers were completely gone and they added an extra steel to make up the difference. 10 fibers and 11 steels. It actually worked. Put a good stock clutch in it with HD springs and good to go.
    I know it's fugly but I'll paint the covers.
    Will fine tune the carbs and just ride it this winter. NO mods!

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Looks good! What is wrong with it???
        (Not ENOUGH Compression?) J/K!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
          Looks good! What is wrong with it???

Eric
          Nothing. Just needs a little paint.
          It runs great. A little rich on the main but I may just keep it that way.
          I know you can't see it but I also have an 83 rear rim on it.
          1980 GS1100LED. Thanks Jim!
          Last edited by chef1366; 10-02-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

At least it is good to know that you are back on two wheels!

Eric

Comment

Looking good

Is that a new exhaust?
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Loose the bags and the seat, throw some paint at it and you'll have a good looking bike. Something about seeing an "L" with the square cam caps makes me smile!

AHHHHH yet another Love Story between a man and his L...it warms my heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                  Loose the bags and the seat, ...
                  Funny, he didn't say anything about the windshield.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Try not to blow this one up

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Funny, he didn't say anything about the windshield.

I figured if Bill is riding it in the "winter" months, he might like the added comfort of a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                        Loose the bags and the seat, throw some paint at it and you'll have a good looking bike. Something about seeing an "L" with the square cam caps makes me smile!

AHHHHH yet another Love Story between a man and his L...it warms my heart!
                        Hey those saddle bags are required for waterbottle attacks

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          Hey those saddle bags are required for waterbottle attacks
                          OR in Bills case...SPARE PARTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                            Confucius say clean out pipe from blown up motor before installing it on a different motor Grasshopper.
                            Confucious say, man who twist trottle twist crank. Man who twist crank,
                            have panties in wad

Comment

Looks Great Bill............Now let me ask you; do you pull the broken motor with one hand while installing the new motor with the other or does it take 2 hands??

It would take me 2 days to rig up a chain hoist. Next time I'll just send you bus fare

Comment

Where's the pic of the ugly bike you were referring to? All I saw was a black bike that was one set of buckhorns short of perfection. The only way to make it prettier would be for Mona Lisa to be riding it.
                                1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                                1983 GS 1100 G
                                2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                                2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                                1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
                                X