X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Started sketching up the new seat pan today. I'll be remodeling the rear end of the bike a bit to convert it to a single seat (I'm the only one who's going to be riding anyway) and just have a thin padded race seat for myself.

Here's the rough layout of the seat.

I'm going to make some sort of frame under the seat pan that rests against the rear subframe. Then I'll find some neat way to lock everything in place with some dzus fasteners.

More to come...

Comment

Got the two titanium bi-hex nyloc nuts today for the exhaust hanger. Looks spot on now.

Comment

Those nuts are the ducks guts of nuts for sure... titanium hey? Wow...

And I find cardboard extremely handy for mock ups just like you've done there, my whole exhaust was mocked up in cardboard first
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Very nice. When are you coming to California? I have plenty of work for you. El G.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
              Those nuts are the ducks guts of nuts for sure... titanium hey? Wow...

And I find cardboard extremely handy for mock ups just like you've done there, my whole exhaust was mocked up in cardboard first
              Well, I figured if I have already spent $2000+ on a titanium exhaust, what's another $20 on two flanged nyloc nuts?

Originally posted by El Giablo View Post
              Very nice. When are you coming to California? I have plenty of work for you. El G.
              Thanks El G.

Borrow me one of your bikes while I'm there and I'll come over whenever you want me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
                Well, I figured if I have already spent $2000+ on a titanium exhaust, what's another $20 on two flanged nyloc nuts?
                Indeed! I like the way you think
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

My My. It just keeps getting better and better. If that's even possible.
                  My only gripe is that exhaust. The angle looks pointed too skyward for my tastes. But I can't argue the quality, fit, and finish. Absolutely stunning.
                  Almost leaves me speechless.

Comment

"Pop Nuts"

Looking at this guy's craftmanship make one's nuts pop.

Comment

Pankake: The angle of the exhaust looks a bit exaggerated in some pictures. It doesn't look as bad in real life.

Battleship62: No pun intended?

Pretty much done with the template for the seat pan now. Some minor adjustments then it's just a matter of transferring it over to some 4mm aluminium sheet.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-03-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Any new progress??
                        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                        1983 GS 1100 G
                        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                          Any new progress??
                          Afraid not.

Been really cold outside, below -30 degrees for most part of the past week so the garage hasn't been very hospitable, even with heating. When I have been in the garage working, I've mostly been helping my old man with his Z1000 Mk.II project.

I hope to have something new to report soon though. Gonna start working on the new seatpan in a near future.

Comment

Puuuuuhrty!

Comment

Er, Um...... WOW.....

I have just spent the last 3 days reading (and drooling) over all of this.
                              I am in awe, just awe. 150hp??? Thats just insane. Makes my hair stand and run! I want, no, NEED to have some! ! !

Hats off to you. Unbelievable craftmanship, with the most outstanding coverage of your progress. It's like reading a novel, just keeps you riveted wanting more...

I can't say enough... wow...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                              X