No announcement yet.

Headlight Bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i picked up a sylvania enclosed headlight from autozone, but i didnt fit-it was way to big. is there a replacement some where that will fit a 80' GS450?

I'm assuming you didn't take your old headlight in with you. Take your old light out run to the parts store and say I need a headlight this size, They will fix you right up. it will plug right in and may be a little tight but it will fit.

Comment

dig42,

I have a 80 450e and I had to replace the bulb a year or so ago. The factory bulbs are expensive, don't put out much light and are of poor quality. I don't have an alternate for you for the factory bulb. The factory bulbs are close to $40.00. I also have a 82 650g and have compaired them side by side. I have considered changing the housing, ears and bulb to give more light. The 650 housing is wider and I think you would have to change the ears or bend them to alow for the wider housing. Here is a link from a previous thread which lists bulb changability. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=450+headlight

You can alter the dead bulb, by removing the "GUTS" so to say, and fabing/ rigging some way to hold the hologen bulb in place. This seams a bit crude for me. The next time mine burns out, I'm going to do the housing and all. More light, means safer riding and I need all the help I can get. Hope this helps..

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I just modified an H4 to fit into the sealed beam housing. It seems like the back of the headlight bucket will hold the bulb in place as it's deeper than the original. Haven't had it out for a road test yet but I will report.

Low beam pattern seems great, high beam is a bit more scattered than I would like. May end up supplementing with some of those $20 walmart fog lights if it's not enough beam.

Comment

Working...
        X